My 6+ year WIP

ok so here's my WIP that is taking me the longest to complete (it's done in the red heart super saver yarn)... I started it in 2003.... it's the colors that are keeping me from finishing it (actually I got the yarn much earlier, in 2000 for something I was going to make for a friend in college but we lost touch so I re-purposed the yarn) the colors are just too bright for me (I really prefer dark colors or earth tones).

I'm doing granny squares... I can only do so many before the colors get to me and I have to take a break and work on something else....

square 1

post_477799_1232979385_med.jpg?imageId=12359969

square 2

post_477799_1232979510_med.jpg?imageId=12359994

I'm going to alternate them so that when finished it'll have an X pattern like so...

1 2 1 2 1

2 1 2 1 2

1 2 1 2 1

2 1 2 1 2

1 2 1 2 1

(Notice the X pattern done by the 1's)

but haven't decided if I'm going to do a 5 x 5 or a 7 x7 or larger... we'll see, just depends on how big I decide I want it.

the black was so the colors stand out more

I'm thinking of doing a border around it in the alternating Red Heart super saver yarn: Mexicana (the rainbow multi) and black

when I'm done w/ it I'll either give it to my son or my mom, haven't decided yet... though my son may take that choice out of my hands as he seems to have a fondness for things crocheted

I love it, but I always love bright colors with black.

The Mexicana will be a perfect border.

Be sure to post a picture when you are finished. :hook

And :welcometo the Ville.

I agree! It's going to look great!

Since you aren't enjoying working on it, why don't you make a schedule for yourself. One square a day, or one square every other day....that way you can do what you have to on it, and then move on to something else guilt-free knowing that it will get done, but you don't have to spend hours on it at once. That's what I try to do when something isn't enjoyable...make a plan and then when I finish what I have to do with it I can work on something I enjoy! I think you'll be happy with it when it's done, though! :cheer

That is going to be one beautiful granny. Maybe you know a appreciative teen that would adore it. All my teen granddaughters love bright colors like that. Nice job. :cheer

I love it, but I always love bright colors with black.

The Mexicana will be a perfect border.

Be sure to post a picture when you are finished. :hook

And :welcometo the Ville.

Ummm, You inspired me to make a Large Mexicana/White Granny Square.

I was gonna just use them for borders, but I changed my mind...

jaye

Archived