DROPS Designs - Garns Studio

Okay, I may have missed something along the way, but I just went there today and they had the choice of English or US translations on their patterns!! :cheer. Now, the last time I was there, didn't have that option and I did the translation to US myself. This makes it MUCH nicer! :hook

I agree that it is very kind of them to do both but they have been doing that for a while now. I like their patterns. They offer a challenge and yet are so pretty.

I too LOVE thier patterns, and are so KIND to allow us to have them for free!! Now if I only ever make one..lol...but hey, I love to DROOL..

Dobermaman,

When they bring out their new collections they are mostly done in UK translation first and then the US translations follow shortly thereafter. Eventually they all get translated to the US version.

I have so many of their patterns on my to do list but have yet to make one. Therefore, I can't be of much help on whether they are actually doable and readable. They certainly are pretty though. If you sign up for their e-mail list, when they bring out a new collection, they will e-mail it you and you can vote on which ones you like. They select the patterns to include bases on the number of votes received for each pattern. Kind of cool that you can actually have a say in what is picked!

As a sideline - they do have a US outlet for their yarns - it is called Nordic mart and can be found here. Haven't ordered from them yet but the prices seems to be pretty reasonable.

Hugs,

Toni

I don't do much pattern browsing any more, only when I need something I can't find in my own library, but Drops is one of my favorite sites. I even have a set of the international hooks now for the English patterns.

Their patterns have been in both terms for as long as I remember. A lovely site and the wearables are very feminine.

Archived