Price for a Round Ripple

Depends on the size you are making. I'm thinking that $40 is to low, but that's my opinion and it depends what your area will take with the economy the way it is as to what you can charge. What does it come to using the formula of the cost of materials x 3? That's a good rule of thumb.

$40 doesn't sound too much to me. I was in my LYS yesterday and they had a white christening shawl on display for sale - made from Mother of Pearl yarn with a few bows sewn on and it was priced at £40 which would be equivilent to approx $75.

:cheerIt really depends on how badly you want to sell the item.

If the sale is for a charity, you could mark it at a "Real Price" then mark it down to the "Special Charity Price"

This way you will be more likely to get a sale.

If the sales are just directly for yourself, then you need to work out a "Real Price" but be prepared to go a little lower to help a sale.

Work from the "Real" price of the yarn, not necessarily the price you paid, and at least double it.

You will know if your price is too high because no-one will buy but you will also know if it is too low because they will sell very quickly so it is important to reach the happy medium.

Remember to factor in any cost you have for being at the Arts Festival.

:cheerA good idea too is to have some printed cards ready to give to all people who take an interest in your work and also have a notebook handy to take names and phone numbers of any customers who might be interested in other things you make.

This way you can give them a call a few days later to maybe offer your afghan at a slightly lower price to clinch a sale.

A box or bag full of beautiful crochet is not going to make you any money unless you are prepared to haggle a little with customers, as long as you do not lower your price too far.

Remember too, make sure they know that this lower price is a "one off" but if they want you to make one in their colour choice, the price will be higher.

:eekNow, that opens a whole new "Can of worms"

Make sure you take a small deposit if someone asks you to make anything to order.

It is very easy for people to pull out of a sale if they do not have any monetary in-put.

You may need to buy more yarn so it should be with their penny not yours.

I hope this helps a little.

:cheerGood luck with your sales:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, People love to see you working so make sure you have a new RR started so you can crochet while you await a sale. Who knows, you may even sell the one you are working on.:yay

:cheerIt really depends on how badly you want to sell the item.

If the sale is for a charity, you could mark it at a "Real Price" then mark it down to the "Special Charity Price"

This way you will be more likely to get a sale.

If the sales are just directly for yourself, then you need to work out a "Real Price" but be prepared to go a little lower to help a sale.

Work from the "Real" price of the yarn, not necessarily the price you paid, and at least double it.

You will know if your price is too high because no-one will buy but you will also know if it is too low because they will sell very quickly so it is important to reach the happy medium.

Remember to factor in any cost you have for being at the Arts Festival.

:cheerA good idea too is to have some printed cards ready to give to all people who take an interest in your work and also have a notebook handy to take names and phone numbers of any customers who might be interested in other things you make.

This way you can give them a call a few days later to maybe offer your afghan at a slightly lower price to clinch a sale.

A box or bag full of beautiful crochet is not going to make you any money unless you are prepared to haggle a little with customers, as long as you do not lower your price too far.

Remember too, make sure they know that this lower price is a "one off" but if they want you to make one in their colour choice, the price will be higher.

:eekNow, that opens a whole new "Can of worms"

Make sure you take a small deposit if someone asks you to make anything to order.

It is very easy for people to pull out of a sale if they do not have any monetary in-put.

You may need to buy more yarn so it should be with their penny not yours.

I hope this helps a little.

:cheerGood luck with your sales:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, People love to see you working so make sure you have a new RR started so you can crochet while you await a sale. Who knows, you may even sell the one you are working on.:yay

Thank you so much. I am glad you don't mind me selling my finished product made with your pattern. Your pattern is really easy and fun to do!

Archived