I hit the jackpot today!

I made a trip to st. vinnies to bring some clothing in for donation and took a look around for books, crochet books, and any other interesting crafty things. They had a group of 7 Magic Crochet magazines for 15 cents each and they were in very good condition!! Best of all, I didn't have any of them in my collection! :cheer They have a bunch of beautiful designs in them so I have my work cut out for me for next winter! There are so many neat patterns in them I won't know which to try first!! I just love to find things like this and I am always on the lookout for old crochet books. I found a whole stash of old 10 cent crochet books about a month ago in a second hand store and they were almost all new to me. I have quite a collection already so when I find new ones like this I feel like I've won the jackpot. I also found the large knitting needle for broomstick lace. I have the 35 mm one and this one is the 50 mm one so another great find. I also found a brand new package of candlewicking thread. You can tell I had a really great day today. :c9:D:hook

WOW!!! What a great day for you!!! And look at all the "future pleasure" you will have reading and making all those patterns. You really hit the jackpot big. Congrats.

:D Don't ya just love those finds? I was at a local church sale this past Saturday (I almost did not go) and found bunches of unused yarn :hook. Then the next day went to Goodwill and found more yarn! Now I have lots of yarn for a couple of scrap projects.

Hi Smokey,

Sounds like you did hit the jackpot, sometimes I think we find these special magazines were you least expect to find them, they do have some really nice patterns to make, have fun trying out your favorite ones, Barb

Thanks Everybody! I am going to spend the evening looking through them again. I get almost as much enjoyment from looking and planning as I do when I'm doing! (Crocheting that is!:hook) smokey

OOOh, I envy the broomstick lace needle the most! That's on my list this year when I'm poking around the junque stores and garage sales. Great finds!

Archived