New Stash Busting Idea...

Anyone ever use those potholder looms that use stretchy loops? I saw a tutorial on You Tube that shows how to weave squares with yarn. It requires a potholder loom, a chopstick or knitting needle, a crochet hook and your left over yarn stash. The squares make up quickly once you get the hang of it and you can sew them together to make placemats, blankets, etc.

If you're interested the site is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BDmaLDE4o This is an awesome and easy way to do away with your stash quickly. This one shows how to warp the loom and start your weaving.

The second one shows you how to take the square off the loom. That site is:http://www.youtube.com/watchv=2reWVTcARW4&feature=related

Have fun and let me know how you like the project!

for some reason the post deleted some of the site for taking the square off after WVT should be cARW4&feature=related

Awesome & perfect timing. I recently pulled out my old loom to weave a few potholders as a gag/sentimental gift, remembered how much I loved it but disliked the cheap acrylic loops commonly available. Found beautiful wool loops online but pricey. But as a dedicated crocheter, I have loads of stash yarn. It never occurred to me to find a way to use that on the loom! She's a genius. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

if anyone tries this, please post pics. i wonder what a few sewn together into a bad would look like?

Awesome & perfect timing. I recently pulled out my old loom to weave a few potholders as a gag/sentimental gift, remembered how much I loved it but disliked the cheap acrylic loops commonly available. Found beautiful wool loops online but pricey. But as a dedicated crocheter, I have loads of stash yarn. It never occurred to me to find a way to use that on the loom! She's a genius. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

I have a potholder loom also and got the same results when I was looking for loops. It never occurred to me either to use yarn. Thanks for posting the links. I'm going to dig out that loom when I find some time and try it with yarn. :U

What a cool idea!! That is so neat. I have bookmarked that for future use. What a great way to use yarn! I would never have thought of that.

Thanks for sharing that!

Ye gods!!!!! Don't you think I have enough projects going? Do you really think I need to be weaving potholder squares? Now I have to google potholder looms and find out where I can buy one. Thanks a lot!:yes

:rofl

but I kind of agree with you. :wlol

gosh ya know I remember them, and I LOVED them too, they were nice to use for trivits to put the hot pans on!! Thak you for the fond memory

i found a loom at a yard sale this weekend for 50 cents!!! and it came with 3 sizes of looms.

now to find time to make one! i was thinking...to make a thicker one...you'd have to make 2 and sew them together? what do ya'll think?

Archived