Some good clean fun?!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

We went out to banjo night last night at the local lodge and we had fun. Santa made an appearance and they played alot of xmas tunes :yes Their group had like a good 30 banjo players :lol

I didn't sleep to well last night then :( After I got up this morning and had bfast, I packed my bag for going to my parents and went through my yarn and picked what was coming with me. I'm still working on the sunflower squares of LeAnne's to make an afghan and I've decided I need to get my WIP's under control. I also have a cathedral afghan, a super long keyhole scarf, knit scarf, and knit sock. So after I finish my graph ghan, I going to try working out all those. But, I decided that the sunflower squares would be easy to travel with :think

Joanne - At least your already prepared for the paradise challenge :h5 Did you finish your cowl and scarf last night? Good luck with your SBT linings tonight....how many do you have to line?

Stacy - Yes, that paycheck will be very helpful esp being on Isabellas bday :yes

LeeAnn - :yay for getting everything wrapped, you'll get to the lotion bars in no time :yes Have fun cooking :clap

Beth - I don't put marshmallow in my fudge :think What kind do you make? We make a chocolate peanut butter and my mom will be making some tomorrow actually. My cousins from my dad's side are going to be in town, so my aunt and all them are coming over. Anyway my cousin Becky LOVES the fudge as does her nephew (who's birthday is tomorrow)! Becky hasn't been home in like 5-6 years and doesn't speak to her brother so we're thinking my aunt is using coming to our house as a buffer for them :lol:shrug So anyway....my point is that I hope my mom waits until we get home to make the fudge so we can 'clean out the pot' :drool

I'll be back in a bit. I remembered my camera today so I have to go fish it out so I can share some pics finally :yay:clap

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK ladies, here are some pics.....

Our fingerless mitts that are for the stockings for me, my mom, and my sister's are the layers ones.

My ugly but warm hat that Joanne's been making millions of I made it for the Steeler's night game we went to a couple weeks ago.

A throw that I made for a housewarming party maybe about a monthish ago.

And, my dog tissue box cover I picked up last weekend

post-36814-135897720582_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720585_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720588_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720591_thumb.jpg

Good morning!!

I did finish sewing the lining into the SBT's last night- 8 of them! I sure hope that my co-workers like them. I actually didn't mind the sewing --I kind of got in a rhythm and it was sort of therapeutic. The thinking about doing them was actually worse than the actual doing them! I did also finish the scarf and cowl. So they are all packed up and ready to take to Paradise and give out today.

I think I actually might make another SBT--I enjoy making them because they work up so quickly!!! But first need to make another hat for middle DD- she liked the one I made for oldest out of Wool Ease thick and quick- I improvised the Apple Pie Hat pattern on LionBrand by joining the chain and then making it in the round instead of the rectangle they have and then stitching up the seam.

Off to get ready for Paradise--last day till 3 days off!

Marisa- Safe travels to your parents!!!

Morning!

Marisa-love the pics, thank you for sharing with us. The hat looks nice and cozy and the thru, stunning! My sis was in love with Pound Puppies, what a cute tissue box. The mitts are pretty cool too.

Joanne-wtg! Finishing all of the lining in your totes, I am sure the recipients will adore them. :manyheart I know that you are looking forward to 3 days off.

Beth-how ya doing today? Your homemade fudge sounds yummy. I have never made fudge, I think it's too sweet but my dd loves it.

The baking yesterday was a chore! whew! We had fun but boy did we work hard. :lol We made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, a cherry pie an apple pie and peach turnovers. Dh took the turnovers to work to share with his co-workers, the pies are going to the in laws and the cookies...well the kiddos are enjoying them. Today we are going to finish the peanut butter cookies, we made the dough yesterday and it is "chilling". Also had a small order for a lotion bar, dh helped as I was burnt out.

going to relax for a few before the baking begins, guess I am making the mashed potatoes and stuffing for Christmas as well...dh has been volunteering me. :eek

hugs n squishes!

Marisa, I had to re-make the fudge. I thought the marshmallow cream jars were too big -- they were. It never set up. At least it's the easiest thing to make, ever. I hope you are having fun with your Christmas plans.

Joanne, so glad you got all the bags lined. I can't wait to hear how well they are received.

LeeAnn. I don't mind mixing cookies, but baking them drives me nuts! I have been known to cook one or two trays of each type, then keep the rest of the dough in the frige for later. I'm glad your hubby helped with the last order.

Stacy, I hope you aren't working too hard

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

I was at Kohl's at the crack of dawn and found what I was looking for for DH! plus got myself $20.00 in Kohl's cash!!!

Then I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and I was back home before DH even woke up!

Today, we'll watch the Giant's- Jets game at 1 and then head over to my DD's MIL's for the Christmas Eve celebration

Wishing you and yours a very Merry , Merry, Christmas!:ctree:santa:gift

Good morning, and Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Joanne, I hope you have an awesome time at your dd's Mil's. I will be celebrating with my MIL and family today, too. It should be fun.

Everyone, I hope your day is full of fun, laughter,and love! :ctree:sheepxmas:wreath:santa:grinch:gift:rud:stocking:hbulb:candycane

I made cinnamon rolls today -- a gluten free batch that needs a little improvement, but was still :drool, and a regular batch for everyone else. Makes the house smell so good.

Merry christmas eve!

Im on the nook, but wanted to check in. Im watching the jets vs giants game. The steelers are not being aired here so my sister and her bf just left for the bar up the road to watch. She will come back for church and the eagles play at 4:15, so i will miss the beginning.

Dinner will be about 6 and we have already been cooking to prep everything.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

:sheepxmasHello Friends!

Happy Christmas Eve!

Hope all of your evenings are filled with warmth, joy, and the best of times!

hugs n squishes dearest friends of mine!

We have spent the day cooking, prepping for tomorrow, sewing with dd, and playing games with ds.

Chat with you all later!:hug:hug:hug

Merry Christmas everyone

We had a great day filled with family and food. We spent hours on the webcam watching my nephews and niece in Phoenix with their gifts. Santa was good to us....brought me, my sister, & my bro (&sil in conjunction) an iPad!!!!!!! :)

Tomorrow we are going shopping and my cousin is flying up from Florida to visit with my parents for the week, so we will get to hang out and spend time with her before we leave on Tuesday.

I hope everyone's holiday was a blessed one :hug

Marisa- Cut and paste alert:;)

Good morning and Happy Day after Christmas!

Had a wonderful day yesterday! DH totally surprised me by giving me a Pandora bracelet with charms- birthstone charms for me and 3 DD's (DH and my youngest have the same birthstone so he got a 2 for 1 with that one:lol) There was also a baby charm to represent my GS! It is so beautiful- and I was so not expecting any type of jewelry from him! The bracelet is too big, but they told him, it can easily be exchanged. He also got me the Nook Simple Touch. :). He was very happy with his new coat and new clothes I got him and even (gasp) went to his closet and packed up some things to bring to Goodwill!

My middle DD gave me one of her pieces of artwork and a pictorial book on baseball ballparks. My youngest DD, SIL and GS gave me a NY Giants Lawrence Taylor Jersey!! It is awesome! My oldest DD gave me a yarn winder! I was truly blessed with such wonderful gifts!

This morning, we are heading out to take advantage of some after holiday sales- I got a gift card from Macy's and i could really use a new pair of slippers! Also heading to Pandora to exchange the bracelet for one that fits!

Marisa- Looks like "Santa" was good to you guys!!! Wow!!!---an iPad for each of you!!! That's awesome! I'm sure you are going to love having it!!! Enjoy your shopping today!

I started a hat last evening for my step GS and will finish that up today too and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Going to go have some high test and then get ready for our shopping excursion-

Morning -- can't live up to Joanne's level of energy today.

our hot water heater is leaking all over the utility room, which is where we keep 5 cat litter boxes. The cats tend to spray the litter all over while burying their business, so there is clay all over the floor, then the water, so it's all a big, gooey, slippery mess (which I need to clean up now -- procrastinate, procrastinate.) Anyw ay, I will definitely need a shower by the time I can take one.

I hope you all have a great day. I hope your Christmas was magical and fun. I think we managed to make our kids happy, and what else is there?

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Thanks Joanne :wink

Beth - I hope you get your heater taken care of :hug

We went out shopping and I got a pair of pj's at old navy for $5. My sister got a few things and my mom got a new housecoat. Now we had lunch and my dad is on his way back from the airport with our company so we will lounge until they get here :yes

Good afternoon friends!

Joanne-your gift are awesome! That is so thoughtful of your dh to buy you a charm bracelet..:manyheart hope you were able to exchange it for one that fits.

Beth-so sorry to hear about the water heater, is it broken?

Marisa-Santa was good for you! That's great!

we are being extremely lazy today...cleaning and washing laundry but at a snails pace. Santa was great to our kiddos, dh and recvd a couple of gifts. A snuggie and new jacket for me from the in-laws. Soo soft and cuddly, dh recvd clothes and a few other goodies. The kiddos made out like bandits! :lol

off to clean the bathroom.

hugs n squishes!

Good morning- back to paradise today! Had a great last day off- and was able to exchange the bracelet for one that fits! Also got a couple of other bargains yesterday! Spent the afternoon relaxing and then DH and I went to B&N after an early dinner. He had a gift card burning a hole in his pocket!!!

Have a good day---and safe travels home, Marisa!!

Very happy to report that my amazing husband replaced the water heater. My hot shower last night felt so great.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I need to buy a new mop. There's still a big mess in the utility room.

Have fun!

WOOT for the new hot water heater replaced by Beth's amazing DH!!! We replaced ours before it went--and had to hire someone- It was OLD and I was afraid that if it went, it would ruin the carpet in the family room--and the family room is a large room. The water heater is in the laundry room right off the family room ( I call it a closet though since it's a very small room- the furnace hot water heater, washer and dryer are all that fits in there)

Good evening ladies!

Beth-soo happy happy happy that your dh was able to replace the water heater, did you get your kitty business all cleaned up?

Joanne-Glad that you were able to get your bracelet exchanged and have a lovely dinner out with dh.

Marisa-how was your trip home?

Today I did my taxes for my business, organized my binder with all of my receipts and bank info. Also organized my little sewing desk..my oh my! Everything is organized, now I can start adding goodies to my website and start creating again. I have a few new ideas for the Feb. sale. Can't wait!

off to relax for a few, the kiddos are wanting me to sit and play the wii.

hugs n squishes!

Hi friends!

Sounds like Santa was wonderful to everyone this year! I'm so happy to hear that everyone was able to spend the holiday with family. :manyheart

Beth, sorry to hear about your water heater, but :woo that your dh was able to replace it!

Marisa, how cool that you got an iPad! And that you watched your nephews and niece on the webcam. I'm sure that was fun!

Leeann, you have been busy! :nworthy I'm sure it was nice to have lots of family time, though. :yes

Joanne, your dinner and shopping night with dh sounds lovely. :manyheart Glad you were able to exchange your bracelet. My mom has a Pandora bracelet and she just loves it. :yes

Santa was very nice here, too. My kiddos got a Kinect for Xbox 360, and my dad bought them new games- Wipeout 2 and Just Dance for Kids. They have played both and are having so much fun. They also each got a pair of roller blades (skates for Eva) and we went out to the park yesterday to try them out. Unfortunately, I realized this morning that the roller blades for Isabella were actually supposed to be a birthday gift. :blush So I guess I am not done shopping just yet.

I am back down to 15 hours a week, which is nice for right now, because I need to organize and sort the closets, the girls room, etc. My dad is visiting right now until the 1st, and the girls are excited to spend time with him.

I think that's all the news from here. Oh! Dh gave me an espresso machine for Christmas, along with 2 bags of espresso, so I don't think Starbucks is going to make much money from me anymore. :lol Oh! And I received yarn from my mom and a friend, and a Michael's gift card from my mom. Hopefully :xfin I will have time to make something on my break!

Off to play with the girlies. Good night!

Good morning!

LeeAnn-:clap for getting all organized!!! Hope you and the kiddos had fun playing with the Wii---I haven't played with mine in a while--time to start using it again- and do some exercise!!

Stacy--How exciting- an espresso machine!! Have one for me today!! I got a few Starbucks gift cards for Christmas and have been using them daily!:) That is so funny about giving Isabella her birthday present for Christmas! Lucky girl- now she gets another gift! I think it's great that they all got roller blades (or skates) and that you all went out to use them! I'll bet you are happy to have less hours so you can enjoy some time with your girls! When does the next semester of school start for you

Beth:Did you get a new mop? Happy to hear that you were able to take a nice hot shower last night!

Marisa- Hope this finds you safe and sound back in Pitt! Are you enjoying your iPad? I've got my Simple Touch all charged up and my library is there and it is so nice to carry around with me since it is much lighter than the original Nook.

Off for another day in Paradise and then we are having craft club tonight since the library was closed on Monday!

:coffeeGood Morning friends!

Joanne-have fun at the library this evening, what project/projects are you working on? How was your grandson's first Christmas?

Stacy-that is awesome that your kiddos recvd the Kinect, I am new to all of this sort of thing but my kiddos are teaching me. I bet you are excited to have less hours so that you can relax a little.

Beth-what is on your agenda for the day? Does your homes school semester start soon?

Marisa-hope you are doing well.

Today I must go grocery shopping, and birthday shopping. Tomorrow is my dd's 11th birthday. She would like to go swimming. Must bake a cake and get all of her favorite foods ready. She is so sweet and precious, I can't believe that she is going to be eleven.:manyheart Also hoping to meet up with Kathi today, she is headed to Chile for the winter to recuperate. I am glad that she is feeling better and done with treatment. Other than that, I really really need to update my website..I need a mental push, I just want to sit and read.:lol

hugs n squishes!

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm trying to move through the ville quickly because I have a lot to get done, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way :lol

I have to prioritize what needs to be done and go from there :think Our trip back was rainy the whole way, which made driving quite draining. Thankfully, my sister drove the second half and I drove the first half so it wasn't as bad. I worked on hiding some ends on my graph ghan last night and almost finished that one part :D

LeeAnn - Glad to hear that santa was good there....that's because your kids are on the nice list :wink WTG getting so much done. I still have alot of paperwork to get together for taxes and I need to contact them because I'm getting mail telling me that I need to file for the third quarter of the year but I wasn't acutally open for business at that point :think I hope dd has a wonderful birthday tomorrow :bday

Joanne - Glad you got the bracelet taken care of and that you and dh got to spend some relaxing time at BN :wink How exciting to get the new nook simple touch, I'm glad your loving it. I hope paradise isn't beating you up too badly :think

Beth - :clap:yay for getting the water heater replaced. :hug Did you get that new mop yet?

Stacy - Oooo, your kids were also on santa's nice list :yes How awesome having your own espresso machine, and the yarn is always a great gift :bounce I hope the kids are doing well on their skates.

I'll proabably check back later.

Archived