My Messenger Bag

LittleJadeFrog

This was my first attempt at a messenger bag. I borrowed my DHs and...well...its not PRETTY! So I decided to try to make one - copying the measurements of his bag. Mine is about 2 in smaller all around. It took me forever to finish cuz I was nervious lining it. I have never lined anything crocheted before.

I found the frog "pin" at Joanns. I am just a freak for frogs! :frog :frog

th_P1030295ws.jpg th_P1030297ws.jpg th_P1030298ws.jpg

Now I have 3 people at work that want me to make them one! I have a wedding to plan 1st! (DH is not my DH YET!)

Great messenger bag! I LOVE the frog pin. I may need to try to get to JoAnns and try and find that pin for one of my purses!

Thank you all for the nice compliments!

Great messenger bag! I LOVE the frog pin. I may need to try to get to JoAnns and try and find that pin for one of my purses!

I call it a pin but it's not actually. The nice thing about it is that it is very light-weight! I wanted it to weigh down the flap but not pull the crochet outta shape. It is just perfect. I might go back and get some of the other "pins" they have - there was tons of different ones - for some of the other bags I want to make.

Your bag is adorable... and this is the first crochet item you have lined? It looks really nice! Thanks for sharing with us... great job :crocheting

Thank you! Yes this is #1. I asked around and half suggested hand stitching the others said sewing machine. I tried it with the sewing machine and it was simple...easier then I thought. Now if I can get my machine serviced I can start on the next!

Archived