"Bag Lady Bag" or "Bag of the Month" Pattern Free!

I just received my latest e-newsletter from Bernat and in it they are offering FREE downloads of the bag that is better known here as the Special Bag Lady Club Bag, or the Bag of the Month. This pattern is usually in a small booklet that costs about $3-5! The pattern does NOT come with the special "Crochetville" pocket, of course! :lol

You can sign up at www.Bernat.com

That is cool if you got the pattern. I didn't see it on my newsletter, and I can't seem to find it on either the Bernat or the Lily web site.

It is a pattern my Lily, so could someone please point me to it.

I think it is great if it is there.

The book is called Victorian Charm and the bag is #1 in the book and it is called Tote Bag.:hook

It has a checker board looking pocket.

Yep that is it. I have not gotten the newsletter yet, I was looking on the web site. Couldn't find it there.

As you say, I just changed the pocket. It is really easy to make and fun. Oh by the way, the first one I made, instead of doing the checkerboard pocket, I used ombre yarn and got somewhat the same effect.

That is so cool.:hook

Just cause the pattern is now available for free doesn't mean you can stop making your gorgeous one-of-a-kind bags, Mary Jo!! I look forward to your monthly bags!

Just cause the pattern is now available for free doesn't mean you can stop making your gorgeous one-of-a-kind bags, Mary Jo!! I look forward to your monthly bags!

I agree with this...I have the booklet but I enjoy seeing Mary Jo's bags each month...And who the lucky recipient is for the month...:yay :yay :yay

Have no fear the next bag is almost done. Ohhhhhh wait till you see the colors of this one.

Thought you might like to see the first one I made.

That is my new sewing machine I bought to put lining in the bag. This is the first and only time I did that. Yuck:yuck

The pocket is made with ombre instead of the checkerboard part of the pattern

They are a fun and easy bag to make.:hook

th_OriginalTote.jpg(clickable)

Hi Mary Jo - don't even think of stopping making our 'bag lady' bags - just cos the pattern is available doesn't mean we are ALL able to make them!!!!! I really look forward to your special tote each month .

Archived