Amigurumi Addiction II

LovelyLovely

I am also doing a couple bunnies and 17 baby chicks per request. Already finished 4 bunnies. Pictures on my blog.

This is on my blog, too, but I wanted to post it here because this new thread needs more pictures!!! :D

I wanted to make a hamster- but couldn't find one that was very detailed for free- so I decided I would try my hand at writing my own pattern. Lots of stops and starts and then I got this girl- and I love her!

Problems are:

She is not to standard. I meant for her to be a mink- but I did her ears, hands, feet, and eyes the wrong colors- mainly because I did not have quite the right colors to do them. Secondly, my test attempt- the body came out way too large and fat- so I have to recount every row of the prototype to try to get the right shape again and adjust the pattern.

Once I figure it out better, I want to be able to do several different colors to standard. Agoutis will be a challenge, but one I am looking forward to. I have started one that looks just like my hamster Puzzle (A black and white with named for her mismarked band that looks like puzzle pieces or a crooked checkerboard on her back)- but I am not liking adding a patch for white belly- looks too bulky- so will take a bit more planning to do the color changes just right.

Pardon me for being a hamster geek and putting too much detail in this post! hahahaha

(Inaccurate) Mink Short-Haired Syrian Hamster

Picture%20003.jpg

Here's what I've been working on. The pattern link is in the previous post. The baby bee has a diaper on. (it's just the end is white, but in person it looks like a diaper) I tried to make it look like it was asleep. :)

th_1238972506.jpg

th_1238972454.jpg

th_1238972401.jpg

wow! new thread!

well... i'm still addicted to amis .. it just i can't get online often now... am working on a frog right now.. will put the picture of it later....

all the amis here are great! good job ladies!

Oh! How sweet! How do you color the cheeks and ears? I tried, but it didn't work out to well.

You can try using a Q-tip with some pink blush or eyeshadow.Brush lightly until you get the shade you want.

@heart

Yes, I've used a blush-powder.

@Lov2Crochet

I've made the little bunny without a pattern and it wasn't difficult.

At the moment I work on a Babuschka/Matroschka-Pattern. When it's ready, i'll put it for free on my blog!

(My english is not the best, I hope you understand what I try to say... :oops)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived