cotton yarn- what brand is the best?

I've been making my dishcloths out of Peaches N Creme and Sugar N Cream.

I wash my dishcloths in our dishwasher and the soap contains harsher soaps/bleaches versus normal soaps. So my dishcloths get bleached out and really stiff after a month or two.

Do other brands fair better?

I find that the Sugar and Cream fades in the washer, no matter what. Same thing with the other brand I tried. I can't remember exactly what yarn that was, it might have been Bernat Handicrafter. I haven't had problems with them getting stiff though.

Those are the only two I've tried. I wash them in the washer with ordinary detergent and fabric softener and hang them to dry.

I have several dish cloths and pot holders made of Peaches and Cream and a tote made in the same yarn.

I do all the wash in cold water with regular wash detergent and colrox 2. They don't fade and are nice and soft.:hook

I use both Sugar and Cream and Peaches and Cream as well as lion cotton...All do well in the washing machine...I always use warm water. They do fade after many washings but then most cotton things wether crocheted or clothes fade after time.

I wash my dishcloths made of Sugar and Cream and Peaches and Cream on warm setting and use a fabric softener sheet. They come out fine although like everyone else mine seem to be fading a little bit. I'm a recent convert to crocheted dishcloths this year so I don't have a long history with them. So far they seem to be holding together really well too.

My Sugar & Cream washcloths are faring well, though fading a bit. I recently picked up some skeins of I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby--it is so soft! Has anyone used this for washcloths? How does it stand up to the use and washer/dryer?

Archived