Very simple potholders

I Create

These are so simple, but they go fast and I am enjoying making these and baby bibs also. I posted the bibs (a Maggie Weldon free pattern) on the baby items thread.

Anyway, I gave my hairdresser a dishcloth I had made for Christmas. She then asked me to make her a couple more since she loved that one. She said just make them and tell me what you want for them. So I made these 3 and threw in a dish cloth free. I told her to give me whatever she thought they were worth. She gave me $25 for the three. She likes the potholders because she can fold them as needed. So now I'm making myself some and also others to have on hand to sell. I wouldn't make that much on them at a flea market or show, but they were worth that much to her since she special ordered them.

crochetdishcloths003.jpg

And these are 3 dishcloths I made. I gave her the blue one. She ordered blue and brown for the potholders.

crochetdishcloths005.jpg

I used the cotton Peaches and Cream yarn.

Wow!! Those are really pretty looking potholders!! It's nice to know that your hairdresser really appreciates your work!! Wow--$25!! Way to go!!

Nice job! Like "finding money in the road"!! :)

People *really* appreciate being able to get "their colors" and sizes they like - rather than just whatever WalMart or the grocery store sells.

Archived