Those Key Lime Socks :-}

darski

I made it! :phew :c9 After all that fuss with the heel...it was worth it. I'm happy with my soft, comfy, acrylic (:P) socks. And really, once you get going, it's not that hard, I found. the stripes spiral some, b/c of working in the round, but it does work out.

Here they are:P3181468.jpg you can see the spiralling more on the ankle than the foot...(it behaves better there for the most part, I think.

P3181470.jpg

Can't wait to see yours...:)

I made it! :phew :c9 After all that fuss with the heel...it was worth it. I'm happy with my soft, comfy, acrylic (:P) socks. And really, once you get going, it's not that hard, I found. the stripes spiral some, b/c of working in the round, but it does work out.

Here they are: you can see the spiralling more on the ankle than the foot...(it behaves better there for the most part, I think.

P3181470.jpg

Can't wait to see yours...:)

These look great - totally comfy :yay

.. but they look more like what I was getting than the original pattern pic.

I wonder if I should go up a hook size to get a more open look to the stitches. Maybe it is because I am not using the same yarn. I am using a sport weight yarn (RH).. hmm :think

These look great - totally comfy :yay

.. but they look more like what I was getting than the original pattern pic.

I wonder if I should go up a hook size to get a more open look to the stitches. Maybe it is because I am not using the same yarn. I am using a sport weight yarn (RH).. hmm :think

Thanks Darski...I think they must have stretched and pulled them...and used double sided tape on the model to keep them straight. :P:lol But they are soft and cozy :clap

Btw, I used YarnBee's Sweet Delight...which I think is almost more DK than Sport weight...but as long as gauge is working, and it's fitting your foot...it should work. (I think I worked rather loosely on these ones anyway. IF I'd had a "thicker" sport weight, I might have tried that...but Softee Baby and yarnbee's all I had other than WW or cones of 2-weight)

HTH

Thanks Darski...I think they must have stretched and pulled them...and used double sided tape on the model to keep them straight. :P:lol But they are soft and cozy :clap

Btw, I used YarnBee's Sweet Delight...which I think is almost more DK than Sport weight...but as long as gauge is working, and it's fitting your foot...it should work. (I think I worked rather loosely on these ones anyway. IF I'd had a "thicker" sport weight, I might have tried that...but Softee Baby and yarnbee's all I had other than WW or cones of 2-weight)

HTH

I think you are right on that one... makes you think doesn't it :wlol

And look at these socks for Sunday only

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

:yay

whoops, darski, I missed those socks for Sunday. oh well, TFS anyway. Happy sock-ing. :P

ETA: I noticed I keep tugging the toe of one of my socks to "straighten" it. LOL...if it was a more reversable stitch, you could reduce the spiraling effect by joining and turning each round. :P OTOH, they DID fit in my shoes :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking for the pattern for Key Lime Socks. I had it printed up but some liquid was spilled on it. It is totally illedgible. Now, I can't find it except for on e-patterncentral.com

Do you know where I can get the free pattern? I thought that I had it saved to my documents but, apparently I don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I am officially conceding to the key lime socks pattern. They win hands (feets :lol ) down. I am going to assign that yarn to something else. :sigh

I may come back to this another year but for now I have to tidy away WIPs and admit defeat where it is due. :frog

:wlol

I started this pattern for the sponsored sock CAL, with my special yarn from The Loopy Ewe. I did a few rows, and although I could see how it might work out, I wasn't happy with a top-down sock pattern. I'm used to making them toe-up, and I was afraid they wouldn't fit right. So, I concede as well, and I'm doing something else! Poor Key Lime socks....

I started this pattern for the sponsored sock CAL, with my special yarn from The Loopy Ewe. I did a few rows, and although I could see how it might work out, I wasn't happy with a top-down sock pattern. I'm used to making them toe-up, and I was afraid they wouldn't fit right. So, I concede as well, and I'm doing something else! Poor Key Lime socks....

I agree. I prefer the toe up socks. Guess it is just where I started but you get a better cuff from the bottom up.

Archived