Big Book of crochet

If you are or were a big fan and subscriber to the magazine, "Crochet with Heart," then chances are you have the patterns in this book already. Leisure Arts is notorious for reinventing their designs in numerous publications. I didn't buy the book because I recognized most of the designs as those I have in the magazine, but to someone that didn't subscribe to the mag., I think it's a good buy.

I have that book, & I have seen a few of the patterns available free online, or in other LA stuff, but overall its a good book. IF your lQQking for a great crochet book, I recommend Cool Crochet. Those patterns are way more up to date & fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
I know on one of the blogs I read there was a pretty good review of it. However, when I saw it at JA's and flipped thru it, I wasn't terribly impressed. Lots of the stuff looked pretty outdated to me.

I saw it and said the same thing. Lots of outdated stuff. Now, some are into that and that's ok. But, it wasn't "me" at all.

I have this book and I'm not impressed with it at all. A lot of the patterns in it have already been published in other magazines and/or books, there are several patterns in it that are free on the internet. There's nothing new in it. It's outdated as far as the patterns go. It states on the bottom of the cover page that it's "Featuring the Best of Crochet With Heart magazine. For example, in a recent issue of one magazine there was a tissue cover that had pockets for your hooks & accessories. This pattern is in this book. There's a cape that I know goes back to 2001. There's nothing in it that's a new design or that catches my eye that I just have to make. IMHO

Archived