Polymer Clay Hooks

Lynn

Those are neat. It's amazing how they can make all the neat designs in the different colored clay. Mine aren't pretty, but I put clay on all my metal hooks now. It is much easier on my hands, especially when I can form the clay to fit my hand fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta go back to doing some polymer clay items. These are a great inspiration. TFS ... I was just showing them to DH. He didn't know about polymer clay; but loves to work in clay. We may have a couples craft here! :lol

• 2 months later...

I just recently made a handle for two of my hooks. I've never worked with polymer clay at all before so obviously these weren't made for art's sake XD.

3502231165_5bc40441f9.jpg?v=0

The first time I tried it didn't work--I managed to buy clay that was hard as a rock and wouldn't soften no matter what I did. The brand I used and worked fine is Sculpey III brand clay. Put me back $1.99 at Michaels. Go ahead and give the clay a little squeeze in the store to make sure you'll be able to condition it. I marked the handle at the end with a pin so I'd remember the size.

Archived