Do you ever have a project that you can't wait until it's finished?

I've been working on a huge peacock filet for almost a year. Granted I dont work on it everyday and sometimes I even skip a week or two. I'm about 75 percent through but I've decided I will never work on such a large filet again.

When one of my best friends got married (about 18 years ago), she asked me to crochet an afghan for her as a wedding present. Silly me, I let her pick out ANY pattern she wanted. :rolleyes

She picked out a pattern from a crochet calendar of an afghan that looked like the victorian fans quilt pattern. Each motif had 9 balls of yarn attached to it at a time. :eek I ended up having to put 9 bowls on my floor in a row, and put one ball of yarn in each bowl. Then, I'd sit on the floor on one side of the bowls, crochet a row, and then move to the other side of the bowls to do the next row. It was the only way I could think of to keep the balls from tangling up on me. (I've since discovered the handy little tool known as the yarn bobbin, so if I ever made another one, it shouldn't be as hard.)

Each fan had a "lace" border crocheted around it. :blink

Couldn't wait to finish that sucker!! She loved it, and still has it today. It was crocheted with love :manyheart, but I don't think I ever want to see it again. :no

The one I think that got to me the most with this was the putting together the "star motifs" on an Amercan Flag Afghan I made - it was most frustrating as they were hexagonal shaped and it seemed to take forever!!!! And so many ends to weave in at every turn!

Yup! I crocheted a purse for the first time the other day. My coworker asked me to make one for her and I finally got the body done today!! It's 11:36 where I am, and all I want to do is cut out the lining and piece it all together so I can have it for her tomorrow! This is the best thing I've made, ever.

At the urging of my other coworkers, I'm making a bunch more and putting them up for sale on etsy later this month. I'm pretty excited about it and have been planning different patterns and colors for the next ones.

A baby blanket I recently completed. I lovelovelove working on my baby blankets. That's my favorite thing to crochet, honestly. Except this one was for a friend of my daughter, and daughter picked out the color, which normally is no big deal, but this time she chose that pink camo stuff. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was a hideous blanket. She said mom and dad both loved it (dad's a former soldier), so maybe it was just me, but I could not WAIT to be done with it.

After seeing the bag I crocheted, my sister said she wanted one to bring home papers to grade from her job at a middle school.

However, I made my first crocheted animal last night. I love the way it turned out, and it was really fun too... so that's really all I want to do. But she didn't get something homemade for Christmas so I feel it owe it to her. Haha.

I feel like momcrochets & everyone who feels the same way--I am ready for a project to be done about half way in :yes My impatience to see (or use) the finished project or "gift the gift" makes me feel like a child waiting to open their birthday gifts! Is it time yet? Is it time yet? :lol

Oh what a feeling when it's finished though.:yes It makes it worth the wait. Most of the time :lol

The most recent one I got impatient with was making a Native American blanket in all sc. I love the design & colors, I love cuddling up in it too (it is ALL mine lol). But it was a long WIP. I got bored from time to time & took a break but it was worth it & I would do it again.

As I shared before in another post - I am FINALLY coming to the end of my WIPS!!!!!!

I am on the last few rows of a knitted prayershawl/vest and then I am looking so forward to getting a smaller project underway as well as a possible repair to a thread crochet bedspread that I have procrastinated and stored away for years!

Been there! I'm working on a 9-patch quilt ghan that I'd like to be finished. Mainly b/c I want to give it to my friend on Saturday, but also because I've been working on it so long.

Archived