Who's from the About.Com forum??

Siena

Just wondering if there are any "about.com" people here! Thought I'd explore this forum and see if it's any different/better than About, which just went through major changes.

Si

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been here a while, but I did learn about crochetville from about.com and I really don't like those changes. I can't mark them all as read and I don't like navigating through posts I ignored the last time I visited. Also, I think the format is just confusing. This format is easy to navigate and there's always someone to answer your questions, most of the time right away!

Hi and :welcome from my little corner of Northeast Ohio! Glad you decided to join us. I haven't checked out the About forum ... Sometimes their site makes me crazy! You'll :heart this forum!

I really like the fact that there are not any pop-ups here, and I can find where I posted many different ways. It seems on About that if I would post a question and then reread if I thought that someone posted to it because it said new or I would have something to add, it would drop of the board and never to be found again.

Catherine, great to see you here! I don't like the About.Com format either....I think we're all scrounging to find a new 'home' and so far, this is at least doable! Now, we have to spread the word and get a mass exodus happening cuz the people over there are too special to leave behind!

Si

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel! However do you have time to make all those ponchoes and tiny thread swans AND do your website AND post on all these forums?! You're one busy lady!

I hate the new About.com format so we need to spread the word to the regulars that we're here now...

Si

Welcome to Crochetville. I've lurked around the about.com site in the past. I've seen the changes there and I don't like them either. You'll love it here at Crochetville!!

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel! However do you have time to make all those ponchoes and tiny thread swans AND do your website AND post on all these forums?! You're one busy lady!

I hate the new About.com format so we need to spread the word to the regulars that we're here now...

Si

:P I still haven't gotten up enough nerve to do the swan, but I have three ponchos. :D

Yes, tell 'em all we're here at Crochetville, and that it's a fabulous place to be! :clap

Hey Julie!! I take it you're the Big Wig around here, huh? *g* We're happy to be here!

While you're here...I'm wondering why at the bottom of my screen it says I 'may not post attachments'. I can't even post photos of my crochet???? Please confirm!

Thanks,

Si

The thing with the swan is.....after going to all that work...what in heck are ya gonna do with it? LOL!!!

I'm doing a doily (first in 6 months....woe on the eyesight....) and about 4 afghans simultaneously.

As I say to the yarn manager at Walmart....SO MUCH YARN, SO LITTLE TIME

Si

Hi Si, good to see you here. I've been here a long time. I wondered if you'd ever come on over. About.com was my first forum, but after joining this one, it became my 2nd forum.

Dot

Hey, Si, this is Crochetntheflame from the About forum.... and Hi to the other Kansan on the boards! Hi and Howdies!!!

Nita

I don' t like the new set up, much either..it's TOO confusing and a major pain trying to find what I'm looking for! The other set up was better. Everything was easy to find,and in basically ONE central location! I'm hoping that this one will be simpler to navigate!

Nita

DOT!!! So glad you're here too!

I really don't see why these forums have to 'fix' what isn't broken, y'know....Compuserve revamped their forums, as well, so a bunch of us who went to the Cat Forum there ended up elsewhere, as well.

Just call me the Forum Nomad.

Si

Hey Julie!! I take it you're the Big Wig around here, huh? *g* We're happy to be here!

While you're here...I'm wondering why at the bottom of my screen it says I 'may not post attachments'. I can't even post photos of my crochet???? Please confirm!

Thanks,

Si

I'm not the Big Wig, I'm just kind of one of a few of us with mysterious magical powers and very little social life besides Crochetville. :wink

As for the attachments, I believe that's another difference from about.com, they did attachments, yes? You can show your photos here, check this post and this one for how-to tips. :D

Catherine, great to see you here! I don't like the About.Com format either....I think we're all scrounging to find a new 'home' and so far, this is at least doable! Now, we have to spread the word and get a mass exodus happening cuz the people over there are too special to leave behind!

Si

I'm so happy to see others from about logging on here. They created a monster over there, it won't let me post a reply and it kept telling me I had an error and I have no idea of how to fix it so until they do it better, "Carol has left the building" ;)

Archived