FUN FRIDGIES /MAGNETS CAL: Come Join the Fun and use your scraps. UPDATED PHOTOS TOO:

moomooo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I haven't made fridgies but I have been printing interesting patterns for them. I think I want to do this. I will find my book and see which ones I have. Thanks for this idea and all the pattern links!!!

Moomooo where did you find the pattern for the Jalapeno guy? It's the 8th picture down. Our kids would love that (family joke/thing...) :P I like the owl fridgie and I will probably do an apple and some other fruits. My friends' kitchen is in fruit and mine is apples and roosters. :hook

Tina

Hi Mom with a motif:

I just found that one for you and added the link to the first post.

Its one called Hot chilli pepper..

Also Dragon Lady: Check out the new link I just added below the chilli pepper link I just found that new one i added and its got tons of links for fridgies I got to go check it out too..

Enjoy ladies.....

hugs

Lillibet

:clap:yay Thanks, Lillibet I will probably make that one first. :hook:hug

Tina

Hi Mom with a motif:

I just found that one for you and added the link to the first post.

Its one called Hot chilli pepper..

Also Dragon Lady: Check out the new link I just added below the chilli pepper link I just found that new one i added and its got tons of links for fridgies I got to go check it out too..

Enjoy ladies.....

hugs

Lillibet

christmasteddybearmagnets.jpg

I made magnets out of Katchikan's Christmas Teddy Bear bookmark. I have made dozens of the bookmarks in thread and yarn. I just love this little pattern. I also like small magnets (I can have more on my fridge that way:lol)

Wow woomba those are just tooo cute... I love them.. Maybe you can make me one for a RAK... and i can rak you back one of any of the ones i make you may like how does that sound..

hugs

Lillibet

• 2 weeks later...

I here ya craftyky:

I am working on a batch right now for Valentines day...

Just got to figure out how I will place them on flat lollipops so i can give them out in the hosptial and the eye clinic.

I might make some so that the Veternarian clinic can put them up for sale for the funds to help when people cant pay their bills... etc...

hugs

I will post photos as soon as I can..

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Distintive 123:

In this CAL we dont swap fridgies we just crochet them and make them for friends and to keep...

If you go and check my signature here at the bottom of this message you will see a link to the group I have on yahoo where you can join and swap fridgies once a month or when ever you want to join..

so check it out..

Lillibet

I have just finished my first two fridgies :woo

Im very proud of myself.

First one is a Giraffe,

but looks more like a pony (neck needs to be a little longer next time lol)

craft001Custom.jpg

Second is a cat

craft002Custom.jpg

There you go Craftyky:

Now you will be hooked for sure in to the fridgie world.... Lovely work you did on both .If you put some brown spots on your giraffe it will for sure look like a girafe but the pony look is just as beautiful..

Welcome aboard

Hugs

Lillibet

Your so right moomooo, Im hooked lol.

Ive been printing out patterns like crazy and going through all my scraps.

They are so cut and there will be more to come :yes

Well Ive made my 3rd fridgie lol.

I was going through my scraps and found some grey wool and felt is was just right for a Koala fridgie. After spending around an hour on the computer I wasnt able to find a pattern, so I made my own.

This is how he turned out:

craft003Custom.jpg

I made two circles out of the grey for the body and head. Out of some cream wool I made six smaller circles for his ears and paws.

Ohhhh My dear craftyky:

I see that beautiful koala and a designer with in you... Congratulations..

Before you know you will be whipping up some fridgies just by looking at things you would never imagine seeing it like a fridgie...

I make thingks that are big into a fridgie by using baby or sports yarns or sometimes if its saying double crochet then i would do hdc and the item would come out smaller in size so its just a wee of imagination...

And you are doing just great on that..

hugs

Lillibet

These are from an old pattern book from Annie's Attic that I no longer have. It was a Pansy kitchen stuff book. Potholder, towel topper (I think), etc....

th_001-48.jpg

You could probably find any pansy and use it for this, though. Sorry the picture is so blurry. My camera isn't very good. :blush (Should be clickable)

Tina

Archived