What can I do with this yarn?

Okay guys, I need some help. :crocheting

For Christmas I got a skein of bamboo yarn. It is in a pretty denim blue. It is just one skein, 3oz. I really want to make something with it for me.

So the question is what can I make? Is there something small enough I could make?

Any suggestions are more than welcome! Thanks! :hug

Can you provide a little more info? What is the exact brand and weight? Yardage info is also helpful and is usually on the label. There are a ton of things you can do with one skein!

Let's see here...

It is called bamboospun. looks like it is from Hobby Lobby.

According to the label it is medium (4) weight and 148 yards.

I hope that helps a bit more.

If I have to get more I could but I am not sure if it is expensive or not, and I can't really afford costly yarn.

There are a lot of things you could make, but bamboo tends to be very soft, so I would say fingerless driving mitts, head band ear warmers, ballet type slippers (using a sturdier yarn for the sole), or possibly a keyhole short scarf.

I have some bamboo and plan on making a scarf someday with it....since you only have one skein you could crochet it the long way so you get the length you want and then it will be as wide as you have enough yarn for. It may be a skinny type scarf.

What about one of those hood-type scarves so it keeps your head warm and then wraps around your neck but doesn't have to be too long. Good luck!

Thanks guys for all the great ideas! :yay I have some jotted down/bookmarked. I'll let you know what I decided on.

(I would love the Queen Anne Lace scarf but that is far far far far beyond my skill level. :) )

Archived