Do you ever Dream of getting yarn or crochet/knitting items?

Like actually dreaming, whilst your asleep? Last night I did. I dreamed that I had to get off a city bus for some reason to hang out with my brother in law and nephew in California and we started walking until we came to a thrift shop. The bro in law was looking for computer stuff, the nephew was looking for random stuff, and then I came upon a bunch of yarn and in my dream started commenting on the pretty colors of the yarn and thinking of what I could make of it. In the dream I also examined some half finished crochet items they had for sale.

I think I might be sorta obsessed.

I have not had yarn dreams but I do have odd dreams related to work and used to have weird dreams while still a student. Now before the new semester starts (I am an Economics professor) I often dream that I can't find my classroom where I am to be teaching or I can't find my teaching notes or the outlines or the overhead is dead (actually that has happened in real life too)... When I was still a student I often had panicy dreams before exams - couldn't find the room - none of the questions made sense - and so on. I have also dreamt about solving equations and math problems in my sleep before exams too :blush This happens less and less often now as I am becomig more relaxed and less stressed (the comprehensive exams in grad school had me stressed the worst)

Hmmmm--- Maybe you should take a trip to your local thrift shop and look around!!!!! :lol

Like actually dreaming, whilst your asleep? Last night I did. I dreamed that I had to get off a city bus for some reason to hang out with my brother in law and nephew in California and we started walking until we came to a thrift shop. The bro in law was looking for computer stuff, the nephew was looking for random stuff, and then I came upon a bunch of yarn and in my dream started commenting on the pretty colors of the yarn and thinking of what I could make of it. In the dream I also examined some half finished crochet items they had for sale.

I think I might be sorta obsessed.

Hmmmm--- Maybe you should take a trip to your local thrift shop and look around!!!!! :lol

I might just do that. People in my family have been known to have dreams that are like that...

I dream about yarn alot. One time I actually had a dream that I had enough money to buy all of the yarn that I wanted and do you know what, in my dream I did. To bad that dream isn't real. In my dream though, I actually had room for it. Go figure.

Wow, I did last night too, I can't remember well anymore but I think I was trying to figure out how to make something. I went to the sales at Michael's and JoAnn's but was disappointed and only took home one skein of RHSS, I guess my dream was only trying to tell me to make headway on my current projects but instead I wasted a few hours on a mostly "wild goose chase"...

I had a dream that I was knitting sweaters for mice. With toothpicks. :eek

I bought a greeting card with a very small sweater knitted with toothpicks attached to the front! I kept it just in case I ever work up the nerve to try it. My grandmother used to split baby yarn to knit Christmas tree decorations and lapel pins! It just makes my head spin lol

Fran

I have a recurring dream of laying on my mother's lap and single crocheting. I have no idea what I'm trying to make.

And i dream of learning to spin, and spinning with rabbit hair. I have long haired rabbits, so i guess this is their way of trying to convince me they are good for something?

I had another one I think... I can't remember all that well but I'm pretty sure I had a dream the other night about working on the crochet hat I'm making!

Archived