Idea's please

My husband inherited a recliner, leather when his last uncle died last month, he wants a cover for it, as it is cold when you sit in it, reminder we are in COLD Iowa, -7 now without the wind chill. I want a warm one, but should it be straight to go down from the top of chair to foot, or a round ripple he could also use to cozy up in? He NEVER asks for anything. I am BANKING on a small bonus from work to get I Love this Yarn from HL to make it in....

suggestions please? Oh the recliner is tan in color, so I am thinking grey and tan????

The colors would be great, Jobug. I used to have a leather-like couch and chair. The best thing for me, was somethning that covers it all, and is tied on in the back with ties. ar has elastic running through to hold it on. Good Luck with it. They are very comfortable.

This would take more yarn but would look nicer than elastic: what if you made it long enough to flip toward the back of the chair, and to tuck a generous bit at the back of the seat cushion. This should keep it reasonably in place, like you would do for a fabric upholstery cover.

oh yes Beth and GrannySquare, I have to work on measurements and yardage, tommorow of course when he isn't in it...lol...this will be a Valentines pressy as there is NO way I can get this done asap

If it's that cold top to bottom will be cozier indeed. If you don't mind my suggestion I think tan and brown would match better than grey, and since you're thinking of doing a ripple maybe you could add a third shade of the same color group; I have two afghan patterns that actually use several for a "graduated" effect and they look great.

You ladies will keep me busy..lol..well I made hubby a Minnesota Vicking colored ghan for covering up in his OLD chair, SO I am going to stick with the regular ripple, because I can do it as brain dead as I am...lol..

your color schemes are great, after the holidays I wil sget the yarns and let you all see. TY TY TY, oh and by the way, the chair isn't REAL leather, but its nice and big. Me, my chair is a lift chair recliner I got for my lupus, it has a massage feature and a heat feature, its cloth, but I sure still use my Ville ghan you all made me last year and cozy up. :hug

Archived