i think I need to make a comfortghan but I have some questions first....

lusmom

ok guys I have a friend who is in a bit of a pickle....shes on here and I want to make her a comfortghan but first I have some questions. Eight inch squares seem to be a good way to go but how many do I honestly need to get a decent sized afghan? Should I just put the call out and hope for the best? She is not spending the holidays were she would like to, with her family and loved ones sooo maybe if I asked for squares we could also send her cards and letters? Is this a dumb idea? I have never done a comfortghan before but this one just calls my name....weird I know. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I used (accepted donations of) 12 inch squares. I put together a 5 by 6 square afghan for my Dad. I like bigger squares because piecework is not my friend!;)

If you are going to be using 8" squares I think 48 like Jessica says as this will make it a good 48" X 64" which is 6 squares by 8 squares. plus you will have your border. now if you are wanting it quicker I would recommend doing 12" squares, this way you only need 20 and this will make your comfortghan a 48 X 60 also plus a nice border so it will still come out about the same size.

and I do not think asking for cards is a dumb Idea! I think it is very nice that you are wanting to help your friend this way so once you have decided what you want if lets us know and I will help! :manyheart

Hope you have a Merry Christmas

Archived