I don't know what to say!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Elle,

This is truely a live and learn lesson that most of us have been in. Me, I would give it to her, and just say how much of your love you put into the blankets, I am sure she must have a concience, and although you will proboly never be paid, two children will always have their "blankey" made with love.

Hugs and love

JoAnn

wow- I just now finished reading this entire post. I'm glad you were able to resolve this issue with the grandmother. I am really interested to hear what the girl's response is going to be when you tell her you aren't going to give her the second blanket until she pays you. That will tell a lot about her character. She's so young, so there's still hope for her. Hopefully she will find better friends by which to be influenced and will learn that her words do actually mean something and aren't just means to an end. Please do give an update! :heart

Elle, I think you handled the whole thing with maturity and patience. You obviously do care about this girl and her family, and sometimes love has a "tough" side as well.

Well done. Since the second blanket was for the questionable friend, perhaps it won't be needed after all. It sounds as if she's newly pregnant, and this was a Christmas gift, so if the girl wants to give her the blanket for the baby, she has ample time before the birth to earn the money to pay for it. I think Walmart charges more than $15 for baby blankets....

You obviously handled this well, and I applaud her grandmother as well for wanting to teach the young lady a life lesson about money, respect, and not taking advantage of others' (your) kindness. That's huge, your doing these blankets for $15--we all know how much time and labor go into these things. Other people don't always get this. I'm sorry for the girl's situation, but I grew up with a drunk father and yet was held to the same behavior standards as everyone else. A dysfunctional home life doesn't give you a free pass to manipulate and take advantage of kindness.

Between you and her grandmother, hopefully she'll learn something here.

I'm sorry for the girl's situation, but I grew up with a drunk father and yet was held to the same behavior standards as everyone else. A dysfunctional home life doesn't give you a free pass to manipulate and take advantage of kindness.

Between you and her grandmother, hopefully she'll learn something here.

That's exactly how I feel, but this coming from someone who had a disadvantaged start totally validates it. :hugto you for trying to be a decent human being!

Archived