What's your hardest thing to crochet and do you forget how to do a crochet project?

Well I was in bed this morning and got to thinking what is the hardest thing for you to crochet I am working on making a hat I've made the hat before but yesterday it took me forever to remember how to make it so I was wondering does anybody have those moments that you forget how to do a project what's your hardest thing to crochet

I have a cardigan pattern that I like a lot that always takes me several hours to decipher how to do it. I have pages of my own notes to help explain the pattern, but it's still difficult. It's a pattern from Magic Crochet and someone must have spent hours and hours condensing the pattern onto two pages.

Oh, Goodie! Other people do this too-make a pattern many times and know it by heart and when you try to duplicate it a year later, you do not know how you did it. It would just be simpler if I wrote it down at the time-Duh!

Hardest thing for me to make is the rugs that I crochet from strips of fleece. Very hard on wrist, elbow and shoulder, so I only do a little bit a day. Now THAT is really hard for me to do.

Not so much patterns, but there are some stitches that I've tried and decided weren't any fun to do or that I didn't have the patience or inclination to learn to do well. The bullion stitch as Carla said is a good example, knot stitch, hairpin lace, afghan stitch [bothers my wrists] to name a few others.

:D

Hi new to forum today.

Checking out the different threads and thought this sounded like me.

Like some of you I can make something many times and a year later or even a month or two....forget it. Braincramp and it is like I have never seen the pattern before. There are actually things in my family that I will see and say "did I make that?". Yes my family humors me. :lol

As to stitches sometimes the simpler they are the more they baffle me.

And in the end it is FINISHING things!

I have a cable knit sweater

a suede type yarn poncho

a beautiful retro 60s shawl

a sweater vest thingy

a sweater (for my daughter for CHRISTMAS!)

stuff I know I am forgetting....

piled on the loveseat leering at me because they aren't put together yet.

:rofl

yes. right. and the holiday is when???

hattah :hook

Pineapples... I just cant seem to do a anything with pineapples. I have tried and failed miserably. I have done a pattern a few times and when I went to make it again months later had to think really hard in remembering how to make it.

The hardest thing I have done is Solomon's Knot. I have a pattern in an old magazine for a doily that has sections of Solomon's Knot. I took it and some sz 10 thread on a trip and struggled to learn how to do the stitch at all evenly. It was quite an accomplishment when i was able to do it so it looked halfway decent :P I didn't really need a doily and the beginning did not look very well, so I ripped it out, so I actually have nothing to show for my efforts now.:eek Later I realized that the Harmony Guides 300 Stitches has good instructions on how to draw up the loops and keep even tension, and how to hold everything to best work the stitch, so next time I want to do the stitch hopefully I will remember to read that.

I have tried bullion a time or two but not successfully. So far I haven't needed that stitch for anything so it's not a problem.

And I forget things constantly!

I can't make a nice looking picot to save my life!

I've tried and tried, in both thread and yarn and they never look cute.

They always look tacky. I now avoid patterns with picots, unless there

is a way to omit them. :hook

Archived