mesh market bag question

I received a mesh market bag from a swap partner. I love the cotton yarn she used and it's very well made. I love it. Only question I have is...

what are some uses for a bag like this? What do you gals use them for?

Other than food shopping because we actually need the plastic bags you get in the stores (we use them for poo bags for the dogs). so we don't take "green" bags to the store.

so what do you use it for?

Lucky you! I would use it for carrying books to the library, crochet stuff, in summer, it could be a cute bag if you go to the beach, or any overnight bag. Shoot, carry it with you and put your plastic bag from the store when you have an extra heavy load or something. I am sure there a many other way to use it. Have fun trying it out.

I also used the plastic bags for my dog (hey he was 120 lb male and trust me, I needed a bigger bag then what is usually used :lol). I also like to get them for garbage bags for my bedroom as I don't have a lot of garbage in there and only need a small one. So that's a reason why I don' tuse them... plus they get used for other things :blush.

Here are some:

Great WIP bags for small items. Or larger if they end up large.

Great to carry things back and forth to work in that won't fit in my purse. those extra items/

If you wanted to make some, they would be good to store the plastic bags in.

I have one big one for my laundry mat supplies. Someone said she made one so big it worked as a laundry bag :eek.

I also thought they would make great gift bags, you use those instead of buying one and this way the receipient receives another gift. yes the mesh ones would have to have tissue paper to cover up the gift, but still...

A small one to put your other market bags in to store when not in use.

Just to carry about anything in that you need a bag for. Maybe a small one to carry the plastic bags in for your dog:dog.

If it's more solid, it could almost be used for a carry all bag.

Debbi

You could use them for other shopping jobs like running to get the newspaper or getting more yarn from the crafts store! You can also use them as beach bags, or if you need to run to the pharmacy for a few things..........let your kids pack a toy bag when you go visiting Grandma......or you can use it as a project bag.......whatever you like! I find that I can NEVER have too many bags!

I use mine when I go to the farmers market. It is great for carrying bulky fruits and vegetables.

I also use one if I go to the mall. I put all my packages in it. It makes them easier to keep track of, if they are all in one bag, instead of in separate bags. I still have the store bag my purchases, since smaller items could fall out of the mesh bags.

I use them as bags for dirty laundry when we travel too.

I made one to use as a gift bag for my DD's birthday last year. I packed it full of gifts. She used it for a beach bag, and says she got a lot of positive comments on it. It was great for carrying sand toys and towels, and even wet stuff. Since she has three little boys, having a bag that could stretch enough to accommodate everything she wanted to carry was very helpful to her.

great ideas everyone.

i am pretty sure we are going to Ocean City, MD this summer for a week so i can use it then. i have a 19 month old son so i'm sure we'll need lots of sand toys and that will be perfect.

Both bags I made turned out huge! I don't think they'd work well as true market bags. So I use mine as a laundry bag when we stay at our cabin during the summer. It works nicely for holding the dirty stuff, and I throw it into the wash with the towels so it is fresh and clean and ready for the next trip! They really do make nice beach bags, too. During the winter I keep extra mittens, hats, and scarves in it, and I keep it in my car, so I always have extras for everyone in the family (you know, the ugly extra things, that you'd only wear if you were actually stranded in freezing weather).

• 2 weeks later...

I have one suggestion for you, if you do use the bag as a project bag, you should use some sort of liner so that small items like crochet hooks, fall through the holes. I made one out of Plarn, but I lined it.

Archived