Updated *Purse with Ribbon* and Cell Bag To Match

goldenj32w2

After playing with the ribbon yarn I had an idea for a purse. I just kind winged this. It is made with 2 strands of RHSS in black with a HDC for the stitch and a K hook. Once I had the basic bag made I came back ontop and croched around it with the ribbon yarn, and added some fringe for sparkle. To make the handles I used plastic tubbing from the hardware store. Before I closed up the ends I ran some of the ribbon yarn thru it. I used the begining of a lovers knot so it would have texture. Hope that makes sense.:think It worked up really quick. I am not fond of using 2 strands but it was worth it in the end. The purse is nice and thick. Have not put a liner in it my machine is burried in the bottom of storage.:blush

Thanks for looking!

Judy

:manyheart

IMG00004.jpgIMG00003.jpg

Well, sat too long... Lol I decided to make a cell bag to match. I used RHSS in black with the ribbon yarn in a loop stitch around the edge.:hook

IMG00006.jpgIMG00007.jpg

To close up the tubing I cut a small piece and trimmed it so it would curl in half and placed super glue on it and stuffed it in the ends to seal up the ends. Hope that makes sense. I saw this done on the net somewere, but don't remember were. It works good. I think next time I might try gorilla glue. I am not real sure of the strenght of the super glue.

Judy

Archived