Square request for animal shelter.

chichiwawa

That is when I get most of my projects done! Hockey, football, basketball, baseball (yeah Phillies!) it's always some kind of sport on in my house. :lol

My step sister is helping me with this project. We are having a joining party at my house next Saturday so I should have some pictures up after that. I hope to be able to get some pics of the doggies wearing them when I take them to the shelter.

I have been hammered by work this week. I have squares, but they haven't been mailed and probably won't be until Monday or Tuesday. I'm sorry for the delay but I've been working a lot of overtime and not getting lunches because of the first week of classes at UT (where I work, and that would be the Univ. of Texas, not the "other" UTenn). ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I mailed you an envelope this past Saturday. Just wanted to let you know. Please let me know when you received them. Would love to see some pics when everything is finished. IT will probably look awesome.

Mary

Hello all. Sorry that I have not been on lately. I had a really horrible stomach flu that made it's way thru my house. I have received packages from Pbabcock in Texas, Kulaslk, rawmom, 7pawz and one other that I can't find the package too. This flu was no joke and my house is in complete disarray. We have about 15 put together so far. As soon as I can find my usb cable, I'll put up pics. Thanks again you guys!

Just to let everyone know- we are taking the first batch over to the shelter this weekend. I'm sure the pups will be happy!

I received a package from grannytme the other day. Wow! Thank you so much! Here I thought I was the only pepsi box mailer! It really saves on shipping doesn't it?

I'm still trying to find my usb cable but I will go out and buy one this weekend if I don't find it. Pics are coming soon I promise!

Just a quick update for everyone. I no longer need squares. I have plenty now to make sweaters for another shelter besides the original one. Thank you all so much for your kindness. Pics are coming I promise!

I got a package from Kathy in Plymouth, CT. Thank you so much. They are just beautiful. I enjoyed putting them together since they all matched up so well!

Thank you all so much! :hug :hug

• 3 weeks later...

Okay here are some of the pics. The first batch did not turn out. I think my batteries were dying or something. So the pics only reflect a fraction of the sweaters. But you should get the general idea of what they look like from these.

Here is the squares in some kind of order lol:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/tacampbell/crochet%20projects/IMG_0711.jpg

Some of the sweaters already assembled & ready to go:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/tacampbell/crochet%20projects/IMG_0715.jpg

The big box o' sweaters on its way to the shelter:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/tacampbell/crochet%20projects/IMG_0716.jpg

The workers at the shelter were very appreciative of the sweaters. They asked me to convey a big "Thank You" to everyone involved.

I must say my own big "Thank You" to all of the ladies involved with this project. We could not have gotten it done if not for all the help we had here. A million hugs to all who helped us out. If you are ever in need of squares or help on a project, let me know, I will gladly return the favor. :hug

Oh thanks for posting pics of the sweaters! Would love to see some of the dogs wearing them if possible! I enjoyed participating in this as dogs are my passion!

Lynn

Archived