Pencil Grippers

So.....I started working on a Christmas present at 11pm....didn't stop until 5:45am (except for 15 minutes for a snack). I'm a pencil gripper, and a tight pencil gripper at that. Now I have a little spot on my thumb that was pressed against the hook that's a little red and very numb. Oops! Guess I was just having too much fun :blush

Then I realized that I could probably just get some soft pencil grip things from an office supplies store to put on my hooks so I don't completely destroy my thumb :clap. Anyone ever try this before? Once I get some I'll tell you if it works out for me. I have to do something though or I'll never get through the holiday season!

........or I could just release my death grip on the hook, it's not like it's trying to get away :lol

I like to sometimes use the full length palm grips since I'm a 'palm gripper'! They really help those pressure points! They come in two sizes one for the larger hooks and one for the small hooks.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2874&PRODID=prd31996

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2874&PRODID=prd32032

You might like these more...

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=&PRODID=prd12584

Unless you are using a big hook, the office supply pencil grips probably won't stay on.

I use the full length grips instead of the 'comfort' hooks because I like the feel of a 'round' handle in my palm.

the pencil grips won't fit a hook, i have tried it. i like the full length blue cushion ones. i use them on all my hooks all the time. i have even learned to loosen my grip with those things. i highly recommend trying them. (i did not like the smaller ones from joanns they are not as cushy)

I used pencil grips on all my hooks until I bought my Bates bamboo handle hooks. I got the foam ones at the dollar store. They didn't fit on the larger hooks (L and up) but worked great on K and smaller.

I have used polymer clay on a few of my hooks, I put it on the hook, pressed my prints into the hook the way I hold it, and baked,. The polymer clay isnt as soft as the grips but it is comfortable for me.

I've used the kind of foam cushy pencil grips. I've also used the rubber ones (which had to be modified for smaller hooks with some creativity and a pair of scissors). I am a tight gripper as well, so I know how you feel. :) Someone mentioned the SB bamboo handled hooks, I love those! They take most of the pressure points away (for me anyway) and make crocheting a lot more comfy. Good luck and happy hooking to you! :)

Thanks YarnMover! I don't have a JoAnn so I haven't seen the comfort grips but I may have to order some of those. That's exactly what I've been needing *^_^*

Archived