200 Crochet Blocks - 2 Books/Same or Different?

tiniree

I was looking for a certain pattern and someone directed me to a pattern on Ravelry. It is a pattern for a block and it says its in the book "200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton.

My Question? The book shown on Revelry has pinkish colored granny squares on it and the one I find on Amazon.com has greenish colored grannies. One was published in 2004 the other is new.

They have the same exact title. My library doesn't carry either. Does anyone know if these are the same books with just a newer updated cover, or does the newer one (with pinkish grannies) have different block patterns?

Please help as I want the one pattern but cannot afford both books and don't want to order the wrong book :think

Marie

I bought my copy almost 2 years ago and it has the blue and green. As far as I understand they are the same book. I love this book, her ripple book and her crochet basics book.

The pinkish one is the UK version, the blue/green one is the US version. Buy the blue/green one in case the pink one uses UK crochet terms.

Thanks! I was hoping to find the pattern available for square #76 on page #71. It looks like the straight side of a granny square. I wanted the pattern to make an afghan.

Since I now know that I need to buy the green/blue cover one, that will help.

Marie

Archived