Hats, scarves and mittens Cal

Super Granny

Well maybe I should have waited til tomorrow (daylight) to take a picture, but... Here's the finished set.

th_005-5.jpg

Should be clickable. I can't post the hat pattern without email permission; but I got it at crochetpatterncentral under baby hats. The mittens are my pattern I posted a couple posts back. And the booties are 'precious booties and mittens' (also from CPC)... :hook

snapdragon928 I like bev's country cottage mittens for little guys. There is a whole page of them at CPC. And hats, too. :hook

Tina

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone:hugI didn't think that they would have them for children on cpc, I have been looking at that page for hand warmers on Knitting pattern central, But I want to crochet his mittens. I already have too much knitting to do. I think I found a pattern I like but they are for five and up and he is only four. His hands are so small. I will have to try them out and maybe change hook size. I only have chenelle thick and quick right now, I don't know if I can get the jiffy or thick yarn for those mittens. The only color I have that would work for his coat is cream and that won't work for a busy boy! can you imagine how quick they would get dirty? I may get him a new coat though. Does anyone know how to get in touch of groups who donate christmas gifts and warm clothing for children in need to sign them up to receive? Like the Angel tree ect?

If you use ww or a smaller hook than your pattern recommends, they will probably come out a bit smaller. I did not use Jiffy, either, just regular ww.

As for the Angel tree, you could probably try contacting someone at the Salvation Army in your area- I think they are the ones who sponsor it. Or check around online- here is the link to the website- http://www.angeltree.info/index.html

just make sure you copy it 'cause it won't be there tomoorrow.. when I first started I just kept it on favorites then when I wanted a pattern and looked for it there was no pattern... now I have a file I save them in...

I have two different sets going. I have a hat and mittens in lt sage green~ done. And a lt. yellow and pink cupcake scarf half way done, but it doesn't really *go* with the lt green... AND, I have a pair of leg warmers in a variegated (that I was going to do the lt. sage green to *match*, but it doesn't, really.... because I ran out of the variegated yarn, and can't find it anywhere, not even Michaels or JoAnns, which I drove an hour and a half to get to... :angry) AND, I also have a teddy bear hug scarf almost done. :sigh So, if I all of a sudden post four different sets, it's because I have been working on them all this time.... I am trying to figure out if I should just do a *boy* scarf (like the snake scarf) or a girl scarf for the green set. Whew. Sorry for that long rant... I mean... post. :blush:P

Tina

• 3 weeks later...

I got one set done. It's probably about a boys' size four-ish (I'll have to measure it for sure). The hat is from a book 'Kids Caps' by Leisure Arts. The mittens were online but the link doesn't work anymore. They are similar to Bev's preschool mittens pattern though (the hat is very similar, too). Snapdragon928 I was going to say, those mittens might work for your son. It says 2-5 years. The scarf is rsisland's snake scarf pattern.

th_003-15.jpg

Then, I made a One Skein Scarf. The color looks blue but it is really amethyst (purple).

th_002-24.jpg

And, a bear hug scarf. I may or may not be making a hat and mittens (probably same as ones above) to go with this. We can't seem to find any 'winter' things here much anymore.

th_003-16.jpg

All the pictures should be clickable. I'm working on a cupcake scarf right now.

Tina

They all look very nice - the bear is especially cute!!

I might try the cupcake scarf in the 12scarves2009cal, but instead of doing all cupcakes, i might just do 1 on each end...march is my birthday.

You've made some lovely scarves, can't wait to get some of mine done!:clap

All the scarves that I have made (so far) in the past few weeks are on my blog...

I should have my daughter's scarf finished up tomorrow...so will post it then.

Archived