Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

leandra333

Hi there fellow crocheters! I'm so glad that I found this forum and want to shout out a big "howdy" to all of you.

A little about me...

I'm a 43 year old big and beautiful woman who enjoys what life has good to offer (and I deal healthily with the bad crap that inevitable comes along too).

I learned how to crochet from my Mom when I was a teenager but then put it down for 30 years. I 've been crocheting like a madwoman for three years now. I must confess that I an more enamored with yarn in general than crocheting. Yes, I'm another yarn addict that has way too much to ever go through it all. Of course, continuos purchases don't really help decrease the stash, right? :-)

I suppose that I'm an intermediate crocheter (or should be with all the stuff I've made these past three years.I've made afghans, scarves, hats and purses. I'm looking to branch out to make clothing but am finding plus size crochet patterns in short supply. I have found a few websites and books on the web though. I hope to increase my skills so that I could design clothing

for tall plus size people.

Ok, enough of my yammering. I'm looking forward to participating here at Crochetville!

Peace,

Paula

Hi Paula,

I'm Betty from SW TN. Welcome to Crochetville.

DO YOU LOVE TO CROCHET FOR CHARITY???

We are a loving, caring group of people who put our hands to use making crocheted items to donate to hospitals, cancer clinics, nursing homes and needy families. If you would like to lend a helping hand for charity, come on by and check us out. We would love to have you.

HELPING HANDS OF TN

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HelpingHandsofTN/

Hello Paula, I'm originally from San Jose/Sunnyvale area. I do miss the Bay Area. I design crochet clothing. I've been seriously thinking of comming out with a book for larger sizes. Maybe I will within the next year. It's great to have you on. You'll have lots of fun here.

Hi and :welcome from my little corner of Northeast Ohio! Glad you decided to join us. You'll :heart this forum!

Hello Paula, I'm originally from San Jose/Sunnyvale area. I do miss the Bay Area. I design crochet clothing. I've been seriously thinking of comming out with a book for larger sizes. Maybe I will within the next year. It's great to have you on. You'll have lots of fun here.

I think coming out with a book on large sized crochet would be fantastic! I certainly would buy it. I only know of one out there now.

Thanks for the welcome,

Paula

Hiya Paula, from Western Australia. I saw your entry at the time you wrote it, but put off replying because I knew I'd seen something about designing for larger women somewhere and wanted to tell you about it! You're probably all ready aware of it, but just in case...

The Crochet Guild of America is holding its national conference in Oakland this year, July 20-24, and I saw there is a class on designing for larger women. I just got these details from the brochure on the web

(http://www.crochet.org/2005conf/cacrochetclasses.pdf from http://www.crochet.org/2005conf/index.html#National)

F200C Design Series – Designing Larger Sizes (I – must have taken Design 2A or have ability to design garments with increases and decreases at edges for shaping) Instructor: Nancy Nehring

I hope I'm not telling you stuff you all ready know. I would love to be going to this conference, and the FibreArts Markets, but I actually fly back to Australia from Oakland on the 20th!! How's that for disgusting timing.:eek

Have fun with this site, and see your projects around.

Jaki

Archived