Introduction

tippymarie

Hi. I have been lurking on this site, swiping patterns and links, for a while now. I decided that maybe I should contribute something in return for all the great patterns and ideas I am getting. Don't smack me, but is there a similar forum for knitters like this one?

I crochet and knit, depending on my mood. I currently have WIP's all over the place, and a very large stash of yarn. Most of it is Red Heart stuff, but thanks to ebay, I am finally getting some different yarns to add to my collection. I live in a fairly small town in the middle of the desert, so pretty slim pickings around here.

I usually end up giving away whatever I make, which is fairly typical of us, isn't it? I have made afghans, sweaters, lots of scarves, hats, etc. Is there anyplace I can send hats too, as I have a big bag of them that I can't get rid of?

I am looking forward to participating in the group. This is a great place!

Sandra Johnson

hi welcome, i think emerald moon has a charity that she deals with to make and donate hats for the homeless, is a good charity, i do something similar here. hope you enjoy it here, its a awesome place:hug vicki

Sure has. Albuquerque is getting all our moisture. I live in Aztec, close to Farmington. We have a Hobby Lobby, and Walmart so I can find some yarns there. Gossamer Threads in Durango, CO can really put a dent in my wallet. Other than that, it is online shopping for me. I love to get handpainted yarns and vintage patterns.

I recently won an auction for some vintage bedjacket patterns - I am definitely going to make the feather and fan design and wear it to work - too pretty to keep at home!

:hi and :welcome to Crochetville from Nashville, TN

Glad you found us :hook

Be sure and check out our Crochet for Charity thread. You will find several places to send your hats...Pine Ridge Indian Reservation for one...

Hope to see some of your finished projects.

Barbara

Hi and :welcome from my little corner of Northeast Ohio! Glad you decided to join us. You'll :heart this forum!

Archived