Perfectionism

I'm going to be :frog 'ing 3 days worth of lace knitting on a shawl. I'm a very slow knitter. I didn't notice until the light hit it right that when I changed balls of yarn the dye lots must not have matched. I'm bad with colors (if they go together, if shades match, etc), but my husband is not and he could spot it right away. If it was just for me I'd say it's to look dip-dyed, but since it's being mailed off as a gift, I don't want the recipient to think I just didn't care about them. Thankfully I have one last ball of yarn that matched the previous. :knit

When I'm making something for someone else, I get all stressed and find myself taking it apart several times :eek. I recently just finished a baby blanket for my new niece and it took me nearly a year :blush. Lucky for me I started it way before they even decided to have kids ;). When I'm making things for myself I find that I enjoy it more because I don't stress about it.

:eekPerfect is just not in my vocabulary, except if I am talking about my Grandies.:eek

:cheerI have a motto: "If you want perfect, get it made in a factory by a robot":cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I think an minor error here and/or there in an item, which doesn't detract from the overall look of th item is fine. YOU know it is there, but others will probably be clueless....in those instances, I let them stay, rather than frog, and suggest to my students that if it realllllly doesn't make a difference and it isn't blatent they leave it to. We are very harsh critics of ourselves, and leaving a small error is a good way to get over that. HOWEVER, when I paint a room, I'm neurotic about it being perfect and not messy. Can't get over that one.

Archived