Why Crochet?????

I have a disorder called Raynaud's phenomenon where I lose circulation in the ends of my fingers and toes. I have already had to have two fingers partially amputated because of dead tissue and I have a lot of pain at times despite all the medicine I take for circulation. When I was in the hospital for other reasons recently, a very kind nurse brought me a hook and some yarn and showed me how to chain and double crochet. It amazingly helped the pain, keeping my hands moving, where other activities like drawing or writing did not. I used to do a lot of sewing and cross-stitch, so making things naturally appeal led to me. I bought a book to learn more stitches and was amazed at all the things you can do with a hook and string! So, I LEARNED to crochet for therapeutic reasons but I continue to crochet because I fell in love with it!

I don't drink or smoke so I have to have something the keep me sane!

That's me too! It really helps when life is crazy. It's also there to keep my hands busy so I am not eating while watching tv.

:manyheart

I crochet just because I like too. Keeps me well balanced and rounded with all my other hobbies. I love to read and when people call me a bookworm and say I have always have my nose in a book I can reply with not always, as I crochet, hang out on the ville (talk to the ppl in the box :lol:lol:lol as my dear friend's hubby says keep in mind she is a viller too :rofl)

In the long run, I save money. Why buy an overpriced baby gift when I can make one from the heart for a fraction of the price? Need a new blanket, hat, scarf, mittens, stuffed animal? They know who to come to for these things. Yup that's me.

Archived