Keeping up for Grandma

meganb

Hi everyone. Hope all is well for everyone reading. (and those who are not)

My great grandmother passed away late last month, of natural causes. My grandmother and I just got to picking up the rest of her things. While we were there, we found out that my GG had been crocheting all year long, for the last 9 years she had been in the home. We found out that she gave every patient in her hall, and a few that were not in her hall, comfortghans for xmas each year. She did not do much crocheting this year as she got pretty bad towards the end.

Well, being the only person in my family to keep on crocheting, I would like to start doing this. She had one and half done, there are 13 patients on her hall now. I need 12" squares, any color, any style. GG did her balnkets 3X4, although I am thinking of doing them perhaps a little smaller. Although I suppose this fits real well within a wheelchair.

There is more info in my blog, and a donations site, if anyone would like to help. I am looking for any type of help, squares, moeny, scrap yarn that can be used for joing, anything.

I relly feel like I need to do this for my grandma. She did so much for other people, and the more I find out about what she did for others, the more like her I want to become.

Thank you all for reading with me, while I cry. :( I wish you all the best, no matter if you can help or not. And if I can repay the favor, let me know, I will in any way possible.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megan, I'll try to make you a few 12 inch squares, even though you appear from your blog to be a Cleveland Browns fan. :eek I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I can still remember how upset my grandmother would get when the Steelers and the Browns played. It just drove her crazy when the Browns would win.

I am sorry about the loss of your great-grandmother.

Thank you for the help. Pm when you have one and I will send you my address. And yes, hubby is a big big big browns fan, lived near Cleveland all his life. So....what lese can you do but go with it. :)

Again thanks!

megan, despite the fact that you're making your husband a "dreaded browns" afghan, I will overlook that fact and send you some squares! I too crochet alot for charity and hope my gr-daughter will do the same as you after I can no longer contribute.

perhaps we steeler fans will encourage you , with all our squares, to make a steeler lapghan!!! oh, well, we're going to beat you anyway! please pm me your address.

megan, despite the fact that you're making your husband a "dreaded browns" afghan, I will overlook that fact and send you some squares! I too crochet alot for charity and hope my gr-daughter will do the same as you after I can no longer contribute.

perhaps we steeler fans will encourage you , with all our squares, to make a steeler lapghan!!! oh, well, we're going to beat you anyway! please pm me your address.

Oh, my i keep getting nothing but steelers' fans, lol. Well I guess you ladies had to find something to do instead of wathing such a horrible home team. :eek(I am REALLY just playing) I am making a special order steelers blanket for my friends nepew for Xmas, except I am forbidden :blushto bring it in the house, so I can only work on it at work :lol how funny is that.........

anyways thanks for the help. Off to pm you now.

Oh, funny! I used to like the Steelers because they had the coolest design on their helmets. Now I don't follow sports anymore. Something to do with becoming a mother...

I haven't made 12" squares in quite a while, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Oh, funny! I used to like the Steelers because they had the coolest design on their helmets. Now I don't follow sports anymore. Something to do with becoming a mother...

I haven't made 12" squares in quite a while, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Thank you! As always, any help is very much appreciated.

I would love to help you out with some squares....please pm your address and should have some out to you in a couple weeks.

I am a big football fan but being from Detroit area and having the LIONS, very pathetic......Will cheer for your Browns!:cheer

I would love to help you out with some squares....please pm your address and should have some out to you in a couple weeks.

I am a big football fan but being from Detroit area and having the LIONS, very pathetic......Will cheer for your Browns!:cheer

Well thank you for helping.

Both with the blanket and these mean old Steelers fans. Lol. (I am just kidding, *and maybe sticking out my tongue at you* but you didnt choose to live over there in steeler country....I hope. major sigh........) :))

Anyways thank you all for the help. I have to finish my scarfs for the swap, So I can send them out nice and early to my partner, who is far away.....on to pm you the addy.

I can help you out with a square or two. If I were a sports fan, I would root for the Browns, but I just don't pay that much attention any more. PM me your addy and I will check my stash.

Oh, you guys are wonderful. I am begining to think that there is a great possibility in getting 13 blankets together. I try to do a square or two a day, inbetween work, and my other projects.

anyways, thank you all for the help. I look forward to seeing all the different squares.

I will be posting pics of all of them, as I get them so that you can all see each others wonderful work.

yoohoo megan, sent you a small box of squares today. I refrained from making them steeler colors! The reason we steeler fans get more done is.. we don't have to become depressed because our team is losing!!!!

hi meegan, I am sorry about the loss of your great-grandmother:(

I would love to help you out with a few squares,

as for the football I may live in WV these days but my :manyheart still in florida with the Tampa Bay Bucks!! :cheerGO BUCKS:cheer and of course if you are thinking collage then we are GATORS all the way:))

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. :P:P:P:P Thanks!!! I will get a pic of them when I get them!

yoohoo megan, sent you a small box of squares today. I refrained from making them steeler colors! The reason we steeler fans get more done is.. we don't have to become depressed because our team is losing!!!!

hi meegan, I am sorry about the loss of your great-grandmother:(

I would love to help you out with a few squares,

as for the football I may live in WV these days but my :manyheart still in florida with the Tampa Bay Bucks!! :cheerGO BUCKS:cheer and of course if you are thinking collage then we are GATORS all the way:))

Sissie, I would welcome the help!!!! Just pm when you want my addy. And Thank you!

Hi hunny!! I got your squares today. They are simply beautiful. Thank you so much. Now I have to learn to do the "star burst" ones. I will get pics up bfore I go into work tomorrw. Thank you so much.

Hi

I will have a box going out to you next week. I have 20 done and will try and get a few more done before I send the box. I have a "roadtrip" to the Michigan State Football game tomorrow so I can work on them in the car (I am not driving! :lol)

Linda

Kulaslk

Hi

I will have a box going out to you next week. I have 20 done and will try and get a few more done before I send the box. I have a "roadtrip" to the Michigan State Football game tomorrow so I can work on them in the car (I am not driving! :lol)

Linda

Kulaslk

WOW:eek:eek:eek:eek

thats alot of squares. I worked up 4 last night, all different patterns :)

I am excited to see them!

Megan

hey Megan, Are Cleveland and "those" browns shaking? Why you ask! The STEELERS are coming!!!! Just a warning ! lol Just couldn't keep quiet!

No, We feel calmly :crocheting at peace here, . Waiting for your precious Steelers to come running in and fall on their faces. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I'm actually excited I have the day off to watch the game tomorrow. :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

(My hubby sends:Tell your mascot to go back to doing the YMCA!!!:devil

and to remeber what Cleveland thinks: steelersucksbig.jpg)

I loved your squares, and appreciate the help, but

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Win, Lose, or Tie baby....Silver & Black

What colors are you looking for? I may have missed that...I would love to send you a square or 2...or..3...

Don't worry, I am not a crazy Raiders fan...

Oh, how funny!!! One of the sponsored links is Steelers ringtones!!! hahahaha the irony ;)

Win, Lose, or Tie baby....Silver & Black

What colors are you looking for? I may have missed that...I would love to send you a square or 2...or..3...

Don't worry, I am not a crazy Raiders fan...

Oh, how funny!!! One of the sponsored links is Steelers ringtones!!! hahahaha the irony ;)

Any color is fine, I am sure they will all fitr eventually. :) Just let me know when u need my addy. thanks!!!!

Meg

Archived