Keeping up for Grandma

meganb

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just can't help myself, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't rip out the ghan for your husband , he can sit in the basement with it and keep warm!

praying you had no damage from the terrible winds. My sis lives in Fairfield and she said there is alot of damage down there.

of course your town,(won't mention the name) ALWAYS has bad weather!!

YIPEEEEEEEE SKIPEEEEEE !!!!!!

just can't help myself, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't rip out the ghan for your husband , he can sit in the basement with it and keep warm!

praying you had no damage from the terrible winds. My sis lives in Fairfield and she said there is alot of damage down there.

of course your town,(won't mention the name) ALWAYS has bad weather!!

YIPEEEEEEEE SKIPEEEEEE !!!!!!

Yeah, Yeah Yeah. you got lucky, You noticed that most of the calls were on us? Always, always always, oh well theres awlays next time. :)

Lol,

We will still be here to cheer them on next time. :)

ok, getting squares done. Wooo hooo getting somewhere.

Anyways, I found a local charity for blankets and things for babies, so after I do this project for GG, would it be terribly awful of me to start participating in a different Charity in her name, instead of trying to keep on with her project? I am just no good at this coordinating thing. :)

OPINIONS PLEASE

Anyways, I found a local charity for blankets and things for babies, so after I do this project for GG, would it be terribly awful of me to start participating in a different Charity in her name, instead of trying to keep on with her project? I am just no good at this coordinating thing. :)

OPINIONS PLEASE

What you are doing is wonderful but once you complete your goal, you should feel free to work with another charity. Perhaps if you post something at the nursing home about looking for someone else to coordinate the "next batch of lapghans" someone will step up and volunteer and you can let them know about asking for help on the forum.

I am sure your GG is VERY PROUD of you:manyheart

What you are doing is wonderful but once you complete your goal, you should feel free to work with another charity. Perhaps if you post something at the nursing home about looking for someone else to coordinate the "next batch of lapghans" someone will step up and volunteer and you can let them know about asking for help on the forum.

I am sure your GG is VERY PROUD of you:manyheart

Ohhhhhhhhh, that is SUCH a good idea. I would have never thought of it.

:D

Hi

I will have a box going out to you next week. I have 20 done and will try and get a few more done before I send the box. I have a "roadtrip" to the Michigan State Football game tomorrow so I can work on them in the car (I am not driving! :lol)

Linda

Kulaslk

Hubby said packagae came today.....On MY BIRTHDAY!!!! it's like getting a big birthday surpirse. To bad I have to wait until I get home at 9:30 to open them :(

I will get pics up soon!

Meg

SORRY!!!!! That I haven't been on since I recieved your squares. :)

They are lovely.

My question to you, is you did one in purple. I have some of that. But have no idea what it is where it came from or where to find more. :)

I will get pics up soon, I promise :D

I just got distracted with my birthday, and we took the kids ot the zoo. and getting halloween costumes, and work...anyways, I get off at 7 tonight, so after my 10 hours. :) if im not already asleep I will try to find the cam and get pics up.

Thank you so much for them, they are wonderful colors!!!

Do you still need squares? I have some 12" squares I could send you. I think it is wonderful that you are doing this to honor your GG.

Yes, I am still working on it, in between projects, I make squares out of all my leftovers. !!! I have found that is the easiest way to keep up.

I would love your help. I will pm you my addy!

Also, My Little sis has decided to help learn to join squares, so hopefully she will get it and I will have some help joining them all!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY!!!!! That I haven't been on since I recieved your squares. :)

They are lovely.

My question to you, is you did one in purple. I have some of that. But have no idea what it is where it came from or where to find more. :)

I will get pics up soon, I promise :D

I just got distracted with my birthday, and we took the kids ot the zoo. and getting halloween costumes, and work...anyways, I get off at 7 tonight, so after my 10 hours. :) if im not already asleep I will try to find the cam and get pics up.

Thank you so much for them, they are wonderful colors!!!

I really just used left overs....Been on vacation for 12 days so just getting back to you. Sorry. Please post if you need more to complete youyr project.:) Don't worry about pics....just get some rest.

I really just used left overs....Been on vacation for 12 days so just getting back to you. Sorry. Please post if you need more to complete youyr project.:) Don't worry about pics....just get some rest.

Well see my camera has been lost for a while.....lol I cannot figure out where I would have put it. it is simply gone.

It's really like it grew legs and walked away.....i can't figure out how that happens. :think

OPINIONS PLEASE

Meegan if you need someone to coordinate what ever it is you are doing I think i am pretty good at this part:lol and will be more than willing to help you

ok on to Lapghans. I am posting your link to here over on mine now as I have just about all I need thanks to the great ladies here on the ville!:manyheart

and In my crochet group on Yahoo so we can start helping you to meet your goal as well:hug

to update you are making Lapghans like I am right? and how are you on your count? How many are done and ready to deliver? and can we sent you the whole lapghan instead of just squares?

Meegan if you need someone to coordinate what ever it is you are doing I think i am pretty good at this part:lol and will be more than willing to help you

ok on to Lapghans. I am posting your link to here over on mine now as I have just about all I need thanks to the great ladies here on the ville!:manyheart

and In my crochet group on Yahoo so we can start helping you to meet your goal as well:hug

to update you are making Lapghans like I am right? and how are you on your count? How many are done and ready to deliver? and can we sent you the whole lapghan instead of just squares?

Sissie, I have about 50 squares, since last count..... I need 156 squares total to do just the one hall, that my grandmother did. If I wanted (or thought i possibly could..) there are a total of 80 people in the home. Lol, i just do not think that is possible for me. :) I have 3 finished and boxed, and my little sister will help me to crochet them all together.

Yes, i am doing lapghans, 12" squares 3x4 for them. If someone wanted to send a finished ghan, I would love it. :)

I only wanted to do the 13 that my grandmother used to do. (the halls are split up into activities groups basically, so they were in smaller groups at all times.) but if you think with help I could do all 80 by Xmas, I would love to give it a try. :)

Thanks for the offer and let me know what you think.

Megan......I will make a more squares for you. How many do you use in one ghan?? I will try and coordinate colors.

Linda:manyheart

Megan......I will make a more squares for you. How many do you use in one ghan?? I will try and coordinate colors.

Linda:manyheart

Hi linda,

I am using 12 squares per blanket, then doing a border myself to add a little bit more space. :) I would welcome more squares. :)

Meg

hmmmmm, do I want to do more squares for a " BROWNS" fan?

SURE, why not!!!! Shes probably depressed , poor thing!

I'll get on them today.

What do you mean we can't get 80 by Christmas! grrrr, we're on our way!

Hi Megan, I can send you some squares. Please PM me your address and I'll send them out Monday!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am soooo embarassed, :blush:blush:blush:blush:blush:blush

I asked hubby why I hadnt seen your squares yet, :think, and he says, well maybe if you opened the package on the table you'd see them.

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eekYOu DIDNT TELL ME A PACkAGE CAME FOR ME:eek:eek:eek

oh well yeah it did...........

they are lovely! I am sorry if you thought that I was ignoring you. :hug

Don't ya just love hubby's?:devil

hmmmmm, do I want to do more squares for a " BROWNS" fan?

SURE, why not!!!! Shes probably depressed , poor thing!

I'll get on them today.

What do you mean we can't get 80 by Christmas! grrrr, we're on our way!

Who's depressed????:think did you not see that AMAZING win last night?:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap We are ready to make a come back!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I am some squares here I can put together & all for you. So count that as 1. If no one at my sons school answers my almost daily calls & emails I'll send you another one or two. :D Won't be until November though.

Thanks jess!! Just let me know so I can remember to pester my hubby about the mail, so nothing get sidetracked. :)

Archived