iPod arm band

Schmetterling

I don't run of course but I made this so I can wear it on my arm while I craft, and it keeps it out of my way. That's all I want.

ETA: It's a modified form of this free pattern from DMC for their Senso yarn: http://www.dmc-usa.com/mjRS/1/doc/US_freedesigns/crochetdenimipod.pdf

I don't use DMC products, too difficult with my hand situation. Instead I used Peaches & Cream cotton yarn, Variegated Pink Lilac color. I did my foundation chain to fit around my arm at the desired location and tightness, taking into account the ends will need to overlap for the velcro strips to be sewn on the ends. Then I joined with a slip stitch, and did hdc in the round until the completion of the arm band part. Next I made a hdc iPod pocket, being sure to skip two stitches along the bottom for the wire to come out most easily for the iPod's protection. I don't like cords coming upward at me like the free pattern. Once the pocket was made, I machine sewed it onto the arm band with no trouble. I skipped the flower on top of the pocket; that's just my style. Finally I machine sewed on velcro strips of appropriate length, one end having the velcro on top at the end. The other end of the arm band will have the velcro actually on the underside. This is in order for it to meet up and adhere properly, securing your iPod from going anywhere. Be sure they will close properly before sewing in case any last minute adjustments need made. That way, your iPod will be ready for you singing along while crafting, without the worry of it getting knocked off a table or something..

I am very happy with it. Very easy pattern to jump off of if you are looking to personalize it a bit.

I hope my explanations have helped. If it's confusing let me know and I'll help. Sorry it's just 4:44 a.m. here and I'm sleep deprived and a little nutty right now!

iPodHolder.jpg

I love your iPod holder. That is a great idea, and you could use it while doing all sorts of things. I like listening to my iPod when I am crafting too! Excellent job!

Archived