Projects with another purpose in life

Do your projects tend to have a fate separate from what you first envisioned? :think

For instance, do you start an afghan with all the best of intentions of keeping it for yourself, but then find out about an upcoming wedding, birthday, housewarming, etc., where it's going to make much more sense to give it away?

This happens to me all the time. It also happens with scarves, sweaters, hats, etc. There always seems to be someone who pops up out of nowhere who could really need a scarf (or sweater, or afghan, or hat).

Not that I really mind, as it all turns out to be for the best, and the recipient is always happy and grateful, but it does seem strange sometimes...

How many of you experience the same thing? :interest

I have two afghans that I made for me. One is ugly as sin. lol But it keeps me warm and the other started out as one project then it got all frogged and turned in a different one.

It looks pretty good and my husband likes it on cold mornings cause is heavy.

Other then that I have never made anything intending to keep it.

Done that lot's of times. Here recently, my project's have been staying here. LOL My little angel has a way of saying that it's her's and it's hard to give them away right now. LOL Thanks to my little girl, I have gotten to keep several afghan's this year.

Blessings,

Lynn

Done that lot's of times. Here recently, my project's have been staying here. LOL My little angel has a way of saying that it's her's and it's hard to give them away right now. LOL Thanks to my little girl, I have gotten to keep several afghan's this year.

Blessings,

Lynn

:rofl Yep, If it were up to my daughter, just about anything vaguely oblong or square would end up being a dolly blanket for her dollies... :lol

Cheers,

Sometimes when I'm making animals for various projects my son 'steals' them. Then I have to make two. That's about the only time though.

my brother does that, he's five.

Archived