Crochet Calorimetry

flybabytina

Ever since I saw the Calorimetry in Knitty

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

I have wished for a crochet equivalent. Well, my wish has come true!

Thanks to this blog!

http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome/2008/07/the-one-hundredth-in-which-she-shares-a-crochet-calorimetry-pattern.html

They work up quickly and they will make nice Christmas gifts (or whichever winter holiday you celebrate :))

So, who wants to join me and make one? Or two? Or ten??? :clap

:clap Thank u for sharing this link...always wanted a crochet version

I will give it a try I have some blue and winter white yarn in my stash ... thanks again :hook

001.jpgProgress so far, I'm up to row 14 and have to leave it for now & go out into the real world;)

These are great for using up oddments and I'm a bit fed up with squares atm :)

ooops sorry i didnt see your pic until after i posted mine.. i will look for another color yarn ..:hook

LOL @ Red67, don't worry about it! Mine is two shades of blue and I'm going to be making a few more out of all my oddments :)

You are a doll thanks...my stash needs a trip to michaels:hook

I'm supposedly on a yarn diet but it works a bit like my food diets...if no one sees you it doesn't count ;)

I've just started the decrease section :crocheting

009-2.jpg finished #1 apart from adding a button.

It is a bit too wide for my head and sticks up in the back, the next one I make will have fewer increases

Oh I will definitely give this a try. My hair is so long and thick until caps are just a no-no most of the time. I love this idea!

Count me in.

I hacked my hair too short and need one of these to keep it out of my face when I'm driving. Between gas prices and broken a/c I have to do the redneck ac...2x55 2 windows down, 55mph

I know some girls knitted cotton ones, obviously they aren't as stretchy as the acrylic but you should be alright :)

:hookThank you so much for the crochet along this pattern was easy to follow..changed the wool and colors I started with above and used

a turquoise chunky yarn from lys and a wood button it fits aok..:)

2788791171_b66063d67e_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is my start so far. I'm a little over half done and I cut out the last two increases as it would have been too wide. I've never used double strand before so this is interesting! I find it makes the work stiff, is that normal?

CalWoodsy.jpg

Also, I I've gotten in touch with an old high school friend who now works for my brother, so if I can get this done before Friday morning I can send it back with him, for her. (My bro will be here tomorrow! :cheer) She loves the outdoors and does all those fun outdoor things like fishing, hunting, 4-wheeling, you know all the stuff I miss a ton! I figure this will be perfect for her! :D

Hopefully it will fit her! :think

sore

Well I finished it up! It does work up easy and stretches a bit. I included a bit of matching yarn for her to make a loop for the button if it's too small. :)

PamsCal.jpg

Now I just need to make myself one! Mine will have to be less wide though as this one really sticks up on the top. It needs to be about an inch to an inch and a half narrower to fit my head! :)

Sore

Archived