What to do with this yarn?

I couldn't leave it behind at the thrift store--it just begged to come home with me.

Two skeins of GGH Da Capo, in two (different) beautiful colorways.

Each skein is 50 grams, 140 meters. It's 74% wool, 26% nylon.

Not ONE SINGLE PERSON on ravelry has made anything with this yarn, and only one person has a bit in her stash.

It's sort of fuzzy, listed as "bulky," but it's really more of a fuzzy worsted weight.

What am I going to DO with this? Why didn't I just leave it behind?

If you read my "startitis" post, ignore this thread...

I'm open to suggestions...

The wool content is enought possibly to felt it? Perhaps mix it with some coordinating wool to make a nice felted bag, or use it as trim for said bag?

I read the "startitis" post-- I hope any advice you receive in this thread does not "aggravate your condition" :lol

Maybe some wrist warmers/fingerless gloves? They'd be warm, and it'd be a quick project. What about using it as a trim (not sure how much is there) on hats, scarves, purses, sweaters, fingerless gloves, or a blanket? If it's washable wool, you could use it on something that's to be washed, maybe something like a fleece blanket? Good luck!!

Victoria

If they are really pretty colorways, I'd probably make each of them up into the front of a purse, so you have 2 purse fronts. Then find coordinating solid, heather, or whatever yarn that looks good with each one to make the purse backs, bottoms and sides.

These are good ideas! Thanks. So far I've resisted playing with this yarn. It would not frog easily, so I have be sure before I commit to a project. I like the idea of warm winter head bands, but I'd want an interesting pattern, not just double crochet or something. The idea of a purse front is intriguing. I'll keep thinking on it--they are really nice colorways, very subtle, but don't go together especially well.

These are good ideas! Thanks. So far I've resisted playing with this yarn. It would not frog easily, so I have be sure before I commit to a project. I like the idea of warm winter head bands, but I'd want an interesting pattern, not just double crochet or something. The idea of a purse front is intriguing. I'll keep thinking on it--they are really nice colorways, very subtle, but don't go together especially well.

If you are thinking of an interesting headband, these http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/kristin-crochet-headbands-pattern-p-1935.html might give you some idea. While they are both very different fibres from what you describe, I would imagine the one made with worsted could be done with your yarn... I think they are lovely and certainly not "just double crochet or something" :)... of course, they are rather pricey... but maybe they'll get inspiration flowing?

Good luck!

:D

Archived