Where do you keep your hooks?

I purchased a canvas pencil holder that has a zipper. I have to dig for a certain hook sometimes but I think I purchased it at a $1 store and it works for me.

With school supplies being on sale this would be a great time to buy the pencil holders.

when my daughter was little I bought plastic organizers with see-through drawers...my husband brought one up from the basement yesterday, and I FINALLY organized by hooks needles and gadgets...quite nicely...and the unit is neatly tucked away into the cupboard of the entertainment center, nice and handy. When hubby has a good idea, he has a great idea!

I used to just stick them in the bottom of my tote bag with all my other crochet stuff... but I got tired of digging through yarn, patterns, etc.. and my mom recently gave me a roll up case thingy. She used to crochet, but didn't like it, so I got all of her hooks too! :D I think the roll up case though, is your best bet. Each hook has it's own little place. :hook

I use a plastic pencil holder for my hooks. Everything needle arts related goes into a larger bin that sits on top of my other bins full of yarn. There when I need it!

OMG. I started thinking about this and reading all the answers - y'all are REALLY organized! I have hooks in bags of WIPS, a pencil case full of hooks, shoved into whatever the bag of the week in WIPS is, and some hooks in the LR, FR, and probably the kitchen and/or bathroom if you looked hard enough. You don't even wanna hear the 'yarn organization' saga! LOL

I always read these posts and think what great ideas there are, but never do anything! Maybe this time!

OMG. I started thinking about this and reading all the answers - y'all are REALLY organized! I have hooks in bags of WIPS, a pencil case full of hooks, shoved into whatever the bag of the week in WIPS is, and some hooks in the LR, FR, and probably the kitchen and/or bathroom if you looked hard enough. You don't even wanna hear the 'yarn organization' saga! LOL

I always read these posts and think what great ideas there are, but never do anything! Maybe this time!

A zippered pouch or pencil case may be a good place to start then. I'm no where near being an organized person, so being able to dump the majority of my hooks into one bag that's small enough to drag around with me is rather convenient. (and they're cheap!) It's also great for yarn needles, pens, and the occasional random swatch/motif. :P Yarn, on the other hand, migrates all over the house and turns up in random places. Every once in a while I go collect it, but it doesn't take long for it to escape again...lol :yarn

I have a hook case by Boye in purple. I had the blue one but after several years of use some of the holders ripped so I ended up getting a new one. It has enough room to hold all my steels and all but 2 of my aluminums. The 2 it doesn't hold are larger and I keep them in a plastic bucket on my end table next to where I sit.

I crocheted a lanyard for my scissors and keep those around my neck while I crochet so I don't misplace them. When not in use they are kept in my hook case. I also have a plastic needle case that I keep in my hook case. It's large enough to hold my larger needles that I need for worsted weight yarn. I keep my stitch markers in the plastic case they came in on the end table as well.

I have a small trash can next to me for those snipped ends.

I just purchased a zippered pencil case at Target for a buck and that's where I keep them now. Before that they were all over the place, but mostly in a zippered side pocket on a tote bag. I have to dig for the one I want but at least I'm a little more organized. :hook

I just purchased a zippered pencil case at Target for a buck and that's where I keep them now. Before that they were all over the place, but mostly in a zippered side pocket on a tote bag. I have to dig for the one I want but at least I'm a little more organized. :hook

This is the time of year to find all kinds of pencil cases, small scissors, and other items at a fairly reasonable price. The back to school aisles have so many different things that can be used in crochet. And they come in many pretty colors.

I purchase a few scissors, pencil cases and other things for my crochet addiction, right in the school supplies section. It's wonderful.

:manyheart

I keep my crochet hooks (except the big P and Q sizes) in a zip-up case meant for golf galls. It's the perfect size. It has a dog-leash type clip on it so I can clip it to my bag. I keep various and sundry gadgetry in a little purse I got for free from my Avon lady. I keep my knitting needles and the larger hooks in a cardboard oatmeal tube. I knitted a cozy for it, but it has somehow been lost in the shuffle...

-S-

I keep all of my bates aluminum hooks in an old dart case ( since i'm not shooting darts anymore) and my larger plastic speed hooks in my pencil / pen organizer on my desk ( along with several afghan hooks and a bas*ard set of knitting needles)

Archived