Tie Front Shrugs

Missi Ramey

Question

Does anyone have a free pattern of a tie front shrug? Do you know the kind I am talkin about? They sell them at Target. You wear them over a shirt and it is open weave and ties in the front. It is only about half the length of a regular shirt. I am dying to make one!!!! Thanks, Missi Ramey

twcmissi@aol.com

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh Beth, can't wait to see what you come up with... I can't knit a stitch but I still picked up that copy of IK cuz I love that wrap and if I ever do learn how I want to make it...

I keep looking at it, wondering how hard it would be to convert to crochet...

Another thought I had about this while in the shower earlier (no relation there, just thinking in the shower) was that the cover wrap on Cool Crochet could be modified to be shorter and that might look nice, too...

OH my gosh!!!! This is GORRRRRGEOUS, but unfortunately I cant read that language....

It's Russian. If you click on the link I posted above, this one:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

You can put the web address (URL) in where it asks, click on the Russian to English, click the translate button, and there you go it'll be in english. Just not very good english so you'll have to have a lot of time to work on it and think about it.

Also on the orignial page at the bottom is two pages to click. One is chart and one is a chart key. You can't click them on the babelfish page but you don't need to.

Hope that helps. :)

I know, I was laughing when I saw that. So much for literal translation

Well now we don't know that. If I try to make one, it just might smell. :lol

Awesome! Here's the link to babelfish. That page translates pretty good. Sometimes they don't. Had to chuckle over this: JACKET With THE SMELL. :lol

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I know, I was laughing when I saw that. So much for literal translation:)

But there diagrams/graphs are good, measurements are provided so it is not so bad. (wait until I actually start working....)

That sight is really quite nice go through there-if you translate one page then I was able to go through the sight and find all different patternsalready translated .They have some beautiful clothes and binding by the nose are socks! This is fun.:clap:hook

ok that french one.. its 4 motifs on the back .. and the front are modified rectangles.. and then its edged in a continual pattern around.. not too difficult.. you could find your own motif and work the other parts in any open patterened stitch ..

for sleeves.. just attach your yarn at the opening and work in the round.. or create two rectangles and seam and sew them on later..

This is a tie fron shrug I found on a french crochet site....now if I could only translate it! I am thinking of having a go at it. It is on Le MONDE de Sylfeline et Son Crochet d'art.:hook

That is gorgeous. I would much prefer it with sleeves.

See, the front in this case appears to be a triangle. One could simplify it, and just use the same pattern in back as it is in the front.

Oh my gosh this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Only I need sleeves to hide my fat upper arms:eek hahahaha, laughing is better than crying!

This picture gives me an idea tho, the front looks like a vest, maybe I could follow the pattern of a vest, make it shorter and add thingies on the front to tie, heck I dont know, I wish I just had a pattern!!:(

This is the front.....gilet17bis.jpg

Oh my gosh this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Only I need sleeves to hide my fat upper arms:eek hahahaha, laughing is better than crying!

It's not free, but it sure is purdy. Might have to get this one myself.

http://store.nobleknits.com/fittobetishp.html

Oops! I just ordered it by accident :devil :devil

Yep, this is the one pattern that I did find, I wouldnt mind paying 5 bucks for the pattern if I didnt have to pay 5 bucks shipping and handling, maybe I should tell them not to handle it so much!!!!!!!!:hook

The llittle girl in the black leotard with the tie pink shirt on over it, that is exactly what I am looking for!!!!!!!!!

gilet17.jpgThis is a tie fron shrug I found on a french crochet site....now if I could only translate it! I am thinking of having a go at it. It is on Le MONDE de Sylfeline et Son Crochet d'art.:hook

I like your simple solution. However, some of these have a trapezoid front with a right angle where the front joins the back. (is this a confusing sentence?) Not that it would be overly difficult to do if one calculated the decreases well.

What if....

You crocheted a rectangle for the back (use a shirt you like to gauge the size), and then 2 rectangles half that size for the fronts.

Sew shoulder and side seams. (You now have a cute little sleeveless bolero jacket) Join yarn at the armholes and work sleeves in the round.

Finish by creating a band of ribbing using back loop only and make it long enough to be the tie as well as the bottom edge of the shrug.

I may try and make one up, but it's being added to my very long todo list!!

Cheers,

Amy

What if....

You crocheted a rectangle for the back (use a shirt you like to gauge the size), and then 2 rectangles half that size for the fronts.

Sew shoulder and side seams. (You now have a cute little sleeveless bolero jacket) Join yarn at the armholes and work sleeves in the round.

Finish by creating a band of ribbing using back loop only and make it long enough to be the tie as well as the bottom edge of the shrug.

I may try and make one up, but it's being added to my very long todo list!!

Cheers,

Amy

Archived