Tie Front Shrugs

Missi Ramey

Question

Does anyone have a free pattern of a tie front shrug? Do you know the kind I am talkin about? They sell them at Target. You wear them over a shirt and it is open weave and ties in the front. It is only about half the length of a regular shirt. I am dying to make one!!!! Thanks, Missi Ramey

twcmissi@aol.com

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...

I've been thinking and thinking about that one but thinking is not enough. Need to sit down with hook and yarn.

If one was to make a basic shrug, then do the rounds till it reaches desired size, then add the ties either by crocheting a strap for the bottom or just crocheting them on the front of the shrug, do you think that makes some sense?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-7212247-1171038?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007919RW

This is what we are talking about, right?

I know, I think I'd crochet one myself if the pattern were available.

However, you never know what will be designed next around here...

No I am not hinting.

Or am I?

Well, I'm certainly not hinting to any particular person, but if anybody wants to get inspired, that's fine by Missi and I! :D

No offense intended, and all creative marketing aside...WHY DON'T THEY MAKE THE ITEM EASIER TO SEE?? I have been interested in a few patterns on Lionbrand...but couldn't see them easily enough.:think

I still think the pattern can be duplicated easily enough. I've got some yarn & time right after I test a pattern for another member here. I'll give it a go.

There's one on the Lion Brand site. It's done in knit. If anyone knows how to convert knit to crochet, this one is designated as Easy.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kbcl-shrug.html

Too bad I can't knit.

I wish the picture was better.

Maybe someone who can read knitting patterns could help with this.

I think I'd sit there and try to figure out the pattern and make one of those before I'd pay $80 for it :P

Missi, that shrug is just too cute. I love how the sleeves bell out. It's definately worth the $5 for the pattern. For those that are looking for the picture, Missi emailed it to me so I could see what she was talking about. Here's the link to see it Tied in front Shrug It's made of mohair which I think makes it look so feminine!

Looking at the picture, I would say it is done sweater-style, not shrug-style.

(i.e. it is crocheted from bottom up) There a few rows w. decreases in the front. Looks like double crochet as much as I can tell. (NO EXPERT):)

Here is another idea:

starting with a chain long enough to tie up front, crochet a strap, sc or hdc.

next: measure strap, subtract body measurement, divide by 2, mark it as starting point, do the same on opposite end, mark ask ending point.

crochet in pattern (if desired, do a couple of decreases on either side of front, below the bust.)

When you reach the underarm area, seperate front and back.

From here on someone with "sleeve-experience" could take over.

Do you think this would work?

We're not fanatics!!! Just addicts :lol

Welcome aboard, you're gonna love it here.

By the way, my daughter has wanted one and neither of us thinks they are worth the money. I may just have to make her one. Has anyone found a free pattern yet.??

Welcome to Crochetville.

We are not fanatics around here - just obsessed with crochet.:)

Nice to have you with us. Enjoy!

Isn't that the same?

Thanks.

Archived