Fav Teddy Bear Pattern

FelixLake

Question

Hi all, I want to make some Teddy Bears (for the local Police Dept to give to children). These need to be about 12 inches. I plan to just sew the eyes, mouth, etc.. so there are no pieces to pull off.

My question... Does anyone have a favorite pattern. I'm willing to purchase if necessary, since I plan to make more than one. I've looked at several and have not found one that I really like.

thanks for all the help.

14 answers to this question

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=37312.0

This is the most impressive one I have seen.

My own teddy attempt turned into a disaster. (not a total waste, my Maltese claimed it as his toy:) )

That is the cutest Teddy Bear! Now I want to make one!!!! Gotta see if I have that issue of Crochet World Feb. '02!! I think I just might!! I want to make him in baby boy blue!!

That bear is cute beyond words, I'm going to have to try that with a pattern, when I can afford to get enough fun fur anyway, I'm sure you can use just about any small teddy pattern :yay

:frog

There's several on FreePatterns and really cute ones, too! Even a Fireman Teddy! Fireman Teddy You have to sign up to see the patterns but it's free to join. And in case the url won't let you in, it's on patterns 21-30 of the Children's Corner. You might be able to alter the fireman's clothing for a policeman's.

I really don't have a favorite I like alot of them and I love making toys :c9 This one is really good and you can do it with baby clouds or light n lofty yarn to get a fuzzy look.I made a bear with the fuzzy yarn it's on my blog it's really soft.

http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/littlebear/little_bear.htm

Thanks for the replies so far. For some reason I can't download anything from FreePatterns. Every time I try the site locks up. They seem to have some cute things, I just can't get to them.:angry

I really love the fuzzy bear from Crochet World. I guess I need to try to find that issue somewhere.

Now to try them all to see which I like best.:jumpyay

I made that bear with the original directions, and it was very time consuming. You crochet the bear, and then use a latch hook with micro spun yarn and hook each sc. But he is darling.

Thanks for the replies so far. For some reason I can't download anything from FreePatterns. Every time I try the site locks up. They seem to have some cute things, I just can't get to them.:angry

I really love the fuzzy bear from Crochet World. I guess I need to try to find that issue somewhere.

Now to try them all to see which I like best.:jumpyay

Go to http://www.freepatterns.com then sign in. Once you are signed in, click on the Crochet link....then on the Children's Corner. Everytime I click on a link to a Freepatterns pattern that has been posted, it locks up on me too. So I just start from scratch, sign in, then find what I'm looking for.

I've made the Lion Brand teddy several times. I use a plain acrylic worsted with the recommended hook for the yarn. It comes out around 12", I think. I like modifying the pattern to make it look like it's wearing a t-shirt and shorts. You can see pictures of my bears here:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~mantler/misc/fun_stuff/art/crochet/teddy.html

(I made several that all look basically the same, and then used some different yarn for an alternate version. Scroll way down for that one.)

Well, I finally got some patterns to open for me at FreePatterns.com. Some I had to do several times because they kept freezing up.

First it was my pop-up blocker causing problems, then it must have been their site.

I did, however, find lots of great stuffed animals and dolls to make. I just spent about an hour just printing patterns. Now to find the time to do them.

Mantler, I printed that one too. I guess I'll just try them all and see which one I like best. Something quick and easy (but still cute) is what I'm looking for.

Mantler, your teddy is too cute! I love how you put the clothes on him. Great job!

Archived