Calling all owners of stitch markers...

I'm playing around with the idea of making a case for stitch markers. I have four beautiful beaded stitch markers which were a gift from a generous C'ville fairygodmother, and I love them. But I don't know how many markers the "average" person might have, or how they might like them stored (I clip mine onto the back of my sewing needle case).

So...what would make a good stitch-marker case? Bookfold? Tri-fold? Pockets? Loops to clip the markers on? How many? Are open sides okay or should the whole thing be closed up?

What would your ideal stitch-marker case look like? Any and all suggestions most welcome, although I will add that I would be making the case with thread, not yarn.

I have 10 that I keep in a lil box. I have some cheap plastic ones that come in its own case but 10 "special ones".

Open sides are fine as long as they were "hooked" in. I would be thrilled to have a holder, I like the idea of a Bookfold one one with texture.

I hope that helps.

Hugs

:hug

There are tons of cases out there but depending on where I am and what crochet accessories I have with me depends on what/how I carry them. I have made this one from angelfire here on the 'ville. Worked up quickly and was easy to follow. Whether it is closed up completely or open on the ends is really a personal preference. :hook

I have crochet and knit stitch markers, I'd prefer something that could accomodate both. maybe a ribbon that unties at one end?

How would you store the knitting ones? (I've never used them. My knitting skills are minimal.) Do they open and clip on, like crochet ones, or are they solidly round, to slip over the needle?

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions so far. My mind is still working on it.

~Karen

• 2 weeks later...
How would you store the knitting ones? (I've never used them. My knitting skills are minimal.) Do they open and clip on, like crochet ones, or are they solidly round, to slip over the needle?

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions so far. My mind is still working on it.

~Karen

The knitting stitch markers are like little donuts with out any slots. The crochet markers are slotted. So the knitting stitch markers need to slide onto a ribbon or crocheted thread to stay in place in a holder. Some crafters do make their markers with the lobster claw clasps, like for necklaces, so these work for either knitting or crocheting.

I noticed when looking through the members posted free patterns, were some patterns for marker holders. You might want to peruse that section to see if you like one of them, or to inspire you for your own creation.:)

I use the little plastic safety-pin type ones from Clover. I use quite a few of those, because they also double as holding items together that I want to sew, so I can make sure the edges line up. I keep a bunch in a little plastic pouch, but the ones I use all the time I have this pathetic little gauge swatch that I just clip them onto. :)

Archived