Darn, it's not crochet :(

I was cruising through CPC today and came across this link

http://fiestayarns.com/images/uploads/club/meteorshrug.pdf

And thought "oh, I'd definitely make that!" and then noticed it was knit. I was so sad! :cry

I wonder if one of the pattern-geniuses here would be willing to recreate this lovely thing in crochet!?!? :hook

I thought it was crochet too. The center part looks like a V stitch to me. Of course the boarder didn't look too crocheted too.

I was wonding how it would look with arms;), there doesn't appear to be arm holes, so it wouldn't fit quiet the same... I think... unless I'm not seeing it because it is knit...

Debbi

I could do this knit or crochet, really easy with a v stitch and then ribbing around the edge would be a sc ribbing in back loops only...it seems like you'd start at a tip, increase to a certain point, then work even several rows for the back and then decrease to a tip again...that would all be in the v st...then going around the whole thing with the sc ribbing...that's what I would do anyway.

I thought it was crochet too. The center part looks like a V stitch to me. Of course the boarder didn't look too crocheted too.

I was wonding how it would look with arms;), there doesn't appear to be arm holes, so it wouldn't fit quiet the same... I think... unless I'm not seeing it because it is knit...

Debbi

I think this is just a wrap, however, I can seriously see this with arm holes...how I would do that is when you got to where you'd work the rows even, work a row about where the sides would be, then chain st approximately for the arm holes and then sk x number of corresponding stitches for the chain, and attach up to complete the row and continue on, repeating the process for the other side.

I could do this knit or crochet, really easy with a v stitch and then ribbing around the edge would be a sc ribbing in back loops only...it seems like you'd start at a tip, increase to a certain point, then work even several rows for the back and then decrease to a tip again...that would all be in the v st...then going around the whole thing with the sc ribbing...that's what I would do anyway.

Agreed! That's what I envisioned doing as well.

Agreed! That's what I envisioned doing as well.

Yeah, and now I want to make one...like I need another project...:lol

:cheerCut a paper pattern the shape and size you need, then start off with just a few stitches, increase to the width you want, work straight to the length you need to go across your back, then decrease back to the number you you started with.

:hookWork a nice plain border and you are done.

Just remember that some stitches are easier to increase than to decrease and vice versa so you need to use a simple stitch.

Something like DCs and CH spaces would work because they look similar from both directions.

The advantage of knitting is that the stitches look the same from both directions.

:cheerYou could work from both ends and make a nice panel for the centre back so that both fronts were the same.

Have a go.

The worst thing that could happen is that you have to unpull it and try again.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, It only looks shaped because it is pulled tight on the model.

:cheerCut a paper pattern the shape and size you need, then start off with just a few stitches, increase to the width you want, work straight to the length you need to go across your back, then decrease back to the number you you started with.

:hookWork a nice plain border and you are done.

Just remember that some stitches are easier to increase than to decrease and vice versa so you need to use a simple stitch.

Something like DCs and CH spaces would work because they look similar from both directions.

The advantage of knitting is that the stitches look the same from both directions.

:cheerYou could work from both ends and make a nice panel for the centre back so that both fronts were the same.

Have a go.

The worst thing that could happen is that you have to unpull it and try again.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, It only looks shaped because it is pulled tight on the model.

Great idea (in bold.)

Archived