My LAST Walmart Rant!

charkitty

I was in Walmart the other day and, of course, I visited the very limited yarn section. It was truly pathetic!!! The yarn looked old, used, and dusty. Looked like cats and puppies had played with it. I was tempted to ask for the manager and request that the yarn section be completely eliminated. It's truly an insult! Until I hear that Walmart (by some miracle!) is bringing back a real yarn/craft section, I will no longer venture into the area!

charkitty

That's too bad. I'm sorry. I had that experience at a dollar store, which is understandable. They had some yarn and it was all over. Ends pulled out, tangled, etc. Okay it was the fun fur, but still, it can be nice. I think kids touched it and played with it and they clerks/manager didn't care to clean up.

I try not to venture into my walmart yarn area because they have a wide aisle of yarn (well a lot of RH, my favorite and the one I use all the time). And lots of cotton cone yarn (Peaches & Cream)--tempted to get the black and pink one...

Debbi

I'm soo lucky because all the wal-marts in this area the yarn area is uber clean, and the one wal-mart ( that i hate HATE going to) has the best yarn section. of course they still have a fabric area so that has a lot to do with it. the new wal-marts they are building are being built sans fabric. :no

Sorry about your troubles in Wal-mart. I would have talked to a manager.

They are probably keeping just a little bit to avoid complaints, but it should be in usable order.

I wanted to buy some Red Heart Super Saver in White at our Wal-Mart but it seemed to me to be dirty. It was a very dull looking White.

I wonder if it wasn't dirty. Mine looked that way too when I looked one day. I remember reading about Simply Soft white being less white then it was before. It could have been dirty. I wondered that but then thought maybe it was a different manufacturer because it didn't feel or seem dirty, just less white.

Debbi

Sorry to hear it....but I'm with Shelly Bean on this as the Walmart nearest me has a wonderful crafts department. The yarns are fine...less variety than A.C. Moore or Michael's, but the notions, etc. are fabulous...I enjoy my local Walmart's craft department more than going to the large craft stores! It, too, still has fabric...and the location isn't that old either. I hope they never take the craft department out!

It's truly an insult! Until I hear that Walmart (by some miracle!) is bringing back a real yarn/craft section, I will no longer venture into the area!

But the business reality is that since you will only be avoiding one area of the store, they have no incentive to do anything different, You will still be shopping at Wal-mart and they hope buying more profitable items.

On the other hand, each January I send Staples a letter saying how much I spent at Office Despot because of the obnoxious commercial used during the Holidays.

Wheat

not a fan of lime green unless used in the picture of fruit, frogs, or flowers

Archived