wheat

How Should Wheat's Mom DeStash  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Should Wheat's Mom DeStash

• eBay
    • separate store with set prices
    • category in wheat's e-Tail shop
    • Other, see my suggestion below.

Over the years my mom & I have accumulated quite a stash of magazines, older patterns, books and "stuff". Since we did not live together until relatively recently, there are quite a few duplicates.

She has already given much to her grandchildren and great grandchildren and several charities, we have set aside much of her stuff for my community teaching supples, but now she would like to further simplify her life even more.

Obviously I could offer it all on eBay, but hesitate since she would loose much to the costs of using both eBay and PayPal not just on the selling price.

My other alternative is to create her own e-tail store using one of my domains

Lastly would be to create a "destashing" area in my regular e-Tail store.

Let me know what you think

Hi Wheat, welcome to Crochetville:) When you reach villager status here, you will be able to use the "for sale or trade" section. It is a very popular section of the Ville. I recently bought some yarn from someone who was helping her aunt de-stash, and I believe she sold all (and there was quite a bit of it:yarn ) of her very nice yarn. She put photos on Photobucket and linked to the album so we could see the yarn. So that is one alternative that you could use in the very near future.

Send it my way! I'll be happy to find room for it :****

Just kidding ;) I will be interested to see what you decide to do with them all. Welcome to Crochetville! :hi

I destash to my kids Elementary school. They have a crochet club and I just give them a bunch of yarn. The teacher goes through it and will put it into balls and what not. I just gave her like 4 walmart bags ( stuffed) full of yarn. She was ever so grateful for it.

Thank you all, based on the poll, it looks like the best way to sell these items to her benefit will be either a section on my "E-Store" - will just have to make it clear it is "gently used" merchandise.

Archived