Stash busting

We went to visit the "out-laws" for Memorial Day weekend and my MIL gave me a huge trash bag FULL of yarn- Sugar N' Cream in all colors and many various colors of Red Heart. Most of them were full skeins, but some were small balls. I already didn't have room for the stash I had, but I couldn't turn down all that free yarn! I now realize I need to do some major stash busting. I was thinking about doing some round ripples with multi-colored stripes with some of it, but does anyone else know of some other projects that would be good stash busters (especially if they would be good Christmas gifts!)? :hook

You can really work on your gift list, and the projects Raccoon suggests are all good hot weather projects for when it's too sticky and miserable to think of working on a heavy afghan.

POt holders and wash clothes with the cotton yarn would be good Christmas Presents. An hats mad with cotton are kool but do shrink when washed

I have a pattern for an Ice Cream Cone Purse in my etsy shop. It's great for stashbusting and it works up very quickly. I have a link to my etsy shop in my signature.

Great gift! and a great way to make gifts for others!

You could do small purses or bags for gifts.

Scarfs, maybe with different yarns, to create some fun ones.

Afghans. Maybe choose some similar colors and if you need to, purchase additional yarn. Or scrap ones are great and look great.

Dishclothes. I gave a ton away this past Christmas as everyone likes them. And you can practice your stitches. One time I did a bunch and used the 63 Squares for Heirloom Afghan book.

If you don't want to do gifts, you could do squares for charity, check out the charity page. Lots of needs. There's also the Snuggles for animals, where you make little blankets for pets to sleep on in animal sancuaries. There's a CAL for the Snuggles.

Debbi

I do caps and booties every day with my stash. I donate them to the local hospital NICU where my daughter stayed, to a crisis pregnancy center, and with the cotton I do washcloths for the domestic violence womens & children's shelter.

Archived