Fishing Widow's Sale!

Good morning fellow crocheters!:crocheting I am doing my first craft show tomorrow morning and I am so nervous! Excited, but mostly nervous! What is wrong with me?! I'm so nervous I feel nausious. Is this normal? :(

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me some calming words of wisdom, hints or their experiences at these shows. I have 4 large suitcases with wheels, full of my crocheted items. Purses, ponchos, baby items, ipod socks, different kinds of cozies, sewed purses, chapstick necklaces, 1 baby blanket, shrugs, dishcloths & potholders. I wasnt sure what would sell the best but made alot of the small stuff. My favorite projects are the purses though, so i have a lot of them. Do you think $20 per purse is fair? or too much?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! Thanks!

That is a great price for purses. I know all about getting nervous. I am so nervous about the farmer's market here that I am having a hard time getting signed up. I finally made the calls yesterday. The morning when I did my first show last fall I was so nervous my stomach was rolling, and I found that I had way more stuff than I needed. It went great and I shouldn't be nervous now, but I am.

I'm getting ready for a show in November, and I'm already nervous !!

I think $20 for a purse is quite reasonable. If you find they aren't selling at that price, you can always lower it to $18 or $15.

I'm getting ready for a show in November, and I'm already nervous !!

I think $20 for a purse is quite reasonable. If you find they aren't selling at that price, you can always lower it to $18 or $15.

Or raise it to $35.oo

they might think about what you think it is worth. Personally, I would go for $25.oo as a starting price. That keeps it affordable but says it is worth something too.

I wish you the best of luck and hope your show goes better than mine did last year and this year. While I don't sell crocheted items at my shows, the items that are usually scooped up very quickly (Steiff stuffed animals and my handmade teddybears) didn't sell very well. I barely covered the cost of the space.

Say it with me now Angel55057, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" lol but not only think you can do this, know that you can do this. I have faith in you and I'll be with you in spirit cheering you on. So if you hear a voice saying, 'you can do this, I know you can' or if you feel the encouraging pat on your shoulder....that's just me in spirit. Tell that nervousness to go away and that nausous feeling to take a hike b/c you got a big day ahead of you and you don't want them there.

Oh thank you sooo much for all your kind words! I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN! LOL

So sorry birdlady your sale didnt go quite so well.........thats what i am afraid of! (I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN!)

It's normal to feel nervous. I feel like myself is being judged instead of my work when I am at a craft show. Remember it may not be the prices, it may not be how well they are made. it just may be the WRONG people came to the show! But I'm sure you'll sell plenty!!!

Good luck! If nothing else, you will at least have a chance to learn and improve for next time. Just keep your eyes and ears open, don't get discouaged, stand your gound, and most of all have fun.

It's only natural to be a bit nervous, but try to calm down and have fun! Remember to stick to your prices, or to only come down a small amount if you think it will make a sale, because people will try their best to get everything for next to nothing. Remember the work that you put into it and stick to your guns. If they want it badly enough, they will pay your price. Good luck! I hope you make a killing! :cheer

Let us know how it goes. I would love to know what sells and what doesn't. My goal is to try a craft show soon....within the next 18 months or so. I don't have enough stuff to bring yet. Best of luck. It will be great!:clap

I will definately let you all know how it went. I am going to try to get some pictures taken too. Wish I could figure out a way to display my scarves and purses though, instead of just laying them on the tables!

Tips for the show-

Make sure all prices are clearly indicated.

Label any items that might not be obvious (chapstick necklace?)

Make sure to mention that you can do custom items :-)

Put some boxes underneath the table so you'll have a raised display. This way you can prop up some items and people can see them from farther away.

Have fun!

If I love the purse I don't think twice about paying $35 for it -- and I have paid more when I REALLY loved it!!

Good luck!

Archived