Flower Power Coaster

Flower Power Coaster

flowerpowercoaster.jpg

small amount ww cotton yarn

H hook

yarn needle for weaving in ends

Finished size = 5"

Special Stitches

beg petal- ch 2, (yo, insert hk into st, yo, pull through 2lps) 2 times, yo, pull through all 3 lps on hk

petal- (yo, insert hk into st, yo, pull through 2lps) 3 times, yo, pull through all 4 lps on hk

Ch 6, join with sl st to form ring

Round 1- Work beg petal in ring, ch 3, (work petal, ch 3) 5 times; join with sl st to top of beg petal [6 petals]

Round 2- Sl st into ch-3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch-3 sp, ch 1, *(2dc, ch 2, 2dc) in ch-3sp, ch 1, rep from * around; join with sl st to top of ch 3. [12 groups of 2dc]

Round 3- Sl st into ch-2 sp, work (beg petal, ch 2, petal) in ch-2 sp, ch 1, dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(petal, ch 2, petal) in ch-2 sp, ch 1, dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, rep from * around; join with sl st to top of beg petal [6 groups of 2 petals]

Round 4- Ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in each ch and st around, working 3 sc in ea ch-2 sp; join in 1st sc and fasten off. Weave in ends.

This pattern hasn't been tested, so if you have any problems, let me know and I'll fix it!

:hook Enjoy!

very cute :) would make a nice motif to use in blankets etc too. thank you for sharing with us

beg petal- ch 2, (yo, insert hk into st, yo, pull through 2lps) 2 times, yo, pull through all 3 lps on hk

:think ... :huh eh, :blink help?

:yarn On the part above, :crocheting "insert hk into st" which stitch am I inserting into exactly? I know I'm a newbie, but I just can't figure it out... :shrug

:ty Thanks for the help :nworthy

:think ... :huh eh, :blink help?

:yarn On the part above, :crocheting "insert hk into st" which stitch am I inserting into exactly? I know I'm a newbie, but I just can't figure it out... :shrug

:ty Thanks for the help :nworthy

The directions for the petal are general, so the stitch you're inserting the hook into is whatever stitch the pattern directs you to "work petal into ____". I think usually it's a chain space. On the first round, it's into the ring. :) If you have any other questions, just let me know. :yes

The directions for the petal are general, so the stitch you're inserting the hook into is whatever stitch the pattern directs you to "work petal into ____". I think usually it's a chain space. On the first round, it's into the ring. :) If you have any other questions, just let me know. :yes

Thanks! It makes since now! :clap Haha, I'm such a noob to patterns. :hook

• 2 months later...

Archived